Impact driver

Evening Gents been over boarding ceilings today with 75nm screws I’ve got a Bosch impact driver but it’s been hard work with it , plumber lent me his Makita lithium one & seemed a lot easier . Just getting the feelers out whether to get the Makita one or is there anything better on the market ? I’ll need 2 batteries with it too . Suppose looking at £250-£300 . Thx in advance

Evening Gents been over boarding ceilings today with 75nm screws I’ve got a Bosch impact driver but it’s been hard work with it , plumber lent me his Makita lithium one & seemed a lot easier . Just getting the feelers out whether to get the Makita one or is there anything better on the market ? I’ll need 2 batteries with it too . Suppose looking at £250-£300 . Thx in advance
Panasonic are good and hilti

75 mm is a it of an overkill for overboarding anyway

Yes mate doesn’t seem to have enough power mine though , I swapped the drywall holder into to the Makita & was a piece of piss

Most of my cordless kit is Makita and generally don't have any problems with it and I think its decent for the money. My mates got a dewalt impact driver, but although its powerful, I find it a bit 'snatchy' and not as controllable.

Dewalt 887 impacts are superb value mate
£219.99

If not the milwaukee is a beast. Superb offer at £211.19 with 2 (smaller) batteries
More than good enough for tacking

I use Dewalt (DCF887), but Milwaukee, Makita, even Hikoki (Hitachi) are decent.

If you're on the fence about which brand to go for, take a look at the other tools in their ranges and see if you might be buying some of them in future. That way, you can base your decision on the battery platform, rather than just buying an impact driver and realising later on that you wish you'd chosen a different battery platform.

Batteries are fairly expensive, so it's a pain to buy an impact driver from Brand A, only to realise, later, that you want to buy 2 other power tools from Brand C, and can't buy them naked/bare, because you also need to buy 2 or 3 batteries (and a charger) from Brand C, to go with them, since your Brand A batteries and charger won't help you.

Having said all that, I will just mention that the Hitachi impact is particularly nice to use because it has a triple anvil, rather than the more common double anvil. It doesn't make it any more powerful, but it makes it drive slightly faster and smoother, because you're getting 3 impacts per revolution, rather than 2. I've used it many times and really like it. That's not enough reason to choose it if you'd prefer a different battery platform, but if you have checked out other tool ranges and concluded that you don't care about the platform and just want a nice impact driver, then the Hitachi is worth checking out.

Another option, if you don't like the noise of impact drivers, is an oil-pulse driver (Makita), but they only have about 1/5th of the torque (40nm vs 200nm), so they might not suit your needs.

If you're on the fence about which brand to go for, take a look at the other tools in their ranges and see if you might be buying some of them in future. That way, you can base your decision on the battery platform, rather than just buying an impact driver and realising later on that you wish you'd chosen a different battery platform.

Batteries are fairly expensive, so it's a pain to buy an impact driver from Brand A, only to realise, later, that you want to buy 2 other power tools from Brand C, and can't buy them naked/bare, because you also need to buy 2 or 3 batteries (and a charger) from Brand C, to go with them, since your Brand A batteries and charger won't help you.

Having said all that, I will just mention that the Hitachi impact is particularly nice to use because it has a triple anvil, rather than the more common double anvil. It doesn't make it any more powerful, but it makes it drive slightly faster and smoother, because you're getting 3 impacts per revolution, rather than 2. I've used it many times and really like it. That's not enough reason to choose it if you'd prefer a different battery platform, but if you have checked out other tool ranges and concluded that you don't care about the platform and just want a nice impact driver, then the Hitachi is worth checking out.

Another option, if you don't like the noise of impact drivers, is an oil-pulse driver (Makita), but they only have about 1/5th of the torque (40nm vs 200nm), so they might not suit your needs.

Anorak

I have ryobi and makita impact...no real difference in.my eyes
Had Ryobi for past 15 years , cheap chuckemaway but do the job and nobody's interesting in nicking it

I use ryobi now ever since my mum got me a ryobi lawn mower which I never asked for, got an impact driver kit of amazon in the sale 5 years ago still going strong dont think it would last 5 years though tacking everyday for a living

I use ryobi now ever since my mum got me a ryobi lawn mower which I never asked for, got an impact driver kit of amazon in the sale 5 years ago still going strong dont think it would last 5 years though tacking everyday for a living
Ye use the drill driver and multi tool as well. Had no bother with em...im also partial to the odd erbuer tool as well ..

I’ve just gone to dewalt as I need multiple tools and think the wider range is better with dewalt than makita however I prefer my old makita impact to the dewalt

Say Again mate?