IMPACT DRIVER

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
B&Q were selling them with a normal cordless in a bag, two batteries and charger for £100 mate! Just missed out. :'(

they are the b*ll***s for fixing timber batterns up or studding but I find them a bit over the top for fixing plaster board with dry walls. Got a old cheap dewalt 12v thing its as light as a feather and still going after being kicked dropped and god no s wot.

They are smaller and lighter and have tremendous torque. Buy quality bits though as they will demolish cheap ones.

nelly said:
Whats better about them? I have no idea.
When fixing timber (unless you have a nail gun) or timber to brick etc they will carry on going all the way through to the other side with no effort on your part mate. Basically the torque is unstoppable.
No more putting your weight behind your driver to get the screw in or reversing and trying again.
Plus you wont have to pre drill (pilot hole).
Once you've had a go Nelly you'll wonder how you ever managed with a feeble normal cordless.
Bit like when mixers came out and stick mixing became extinct! ;)

i bought the bosch 14.4 with heavy duty batteries off ebay, £20 cheaper than anywhere else and no VAT, anyone want the link pm me

TonyM said:
They are smaller and lighter and have tremendous torque. Buy quality bits though as they will demolish cheap ones.

You cant get better than Senco bits, they are as hard as it gets.

love my little makita 18v lion Bat-tool.......the variable torque/trigger thing is intuitive and yes, you wont go back

I have the Makita LXT 18volt. Cant remember the last time I used my drill/driver. Have the Makita site radio aswell. the LXT battery runs it for about 35 hours, awsome gear. other good buys in the range include collated screw gun, skill and jig saw.

jord218 said:
I have the Makita LXT 18volt. Cant remember the last time I used my drill/driver. Have the Makita site radio aswell. the LXT battery runs it for about 35 hours, awsome gear. other good buys in the range include collated screw gun, skill and jig saw.

The collated screw gun is a piece of s**t.

TonyM said:
jord218 said:

The collated screw gun is a piece of (german word).

Mine is great but I dont use it day in day out. what screw gun would you recommend? I've used the Hilti in the past but thought it far too heavy?

TonyM said:
jord218 said:
Mine is great but I dont use it day in day out. what screw gun would you recommend? I've used the Hilti in the past but thought it far too heavy?

This. It's light and very fast. 21.6v lithium
https://www.hilti.co.uk/holuk/modules/prcat/prca_navigation.jsp?OID=-37356&fview=1

Tony it looks simlar to th 18Volt I used about 3 years ago, the f-ing Ni-Mh battery was heavy and I found it combersum when the collated attachment was on, don,t get me wrong mate it fed the screws with no problem but it just wasn,t for me. I take it as with most lithium gear that prob as now gone?
[/quote]

TonyM said:
jord218 said:

This. It's light and very fast. 21.6v lithium
https://www.hilti.co.uk/holuk/modules/prcat/prca_navigation.jsp?OID=-37356&fview=1
[/quote]

I used one of those the other day with the collated end. it was very quick and much quieter then the 110 version but I didnt like the handle....its to short

What collated screws do you use? I find the Makita are very bad, I have 3 boxes in my lock up doing nothing. I use Timco and Spax, anyone recommend any others??

It's more balanced than the old 18v gun. The Hilti collated attachment feeds most makes of screw no problem. I like the Senco coarse thread personally.

I bought the makita 110 and battery together and i can quite honestly say they are the worst thing i have ever spent my money on. The hilti is far superiour

lucius said:
I had the old Hilti and must admit to heavy. How much is this new one Tony.
Lucius

Hilti had it on special recently for £389 + vat including the SMD 57 collated attachment.

Just had a look on the Hilti site. Its £394.64 + Vat until May inc SMD 57.

Status
Not open for further replies.