Impact drills

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

gps

I'm going to buy one this week any recommendations.

If anyone says Nela do one then I will jump of a cliff I think

I have not used a Hilti but you can bet there mustard.

Every where you turn on site the chippys got makitas in there hands

I've used a Hilti impact driver and they are good, can't say I've used any others but would say I prefer my cordless Makita drill/driver over a Hilti drill/driver as Hilti's aren't stop/start, more wind up/wind down (less control)

Hilti wins with perfect design , balance and weight.
Hammer drill is a different story -Bosch .Nothing comes close to it, although hilti is my favourite brand.

I have a Makita impact for the last 4 years, best tool for boarding. if you have the money get the autofeed, but get the corded one. i have the 14v 3.0Ah one and its no good

@carlos, they do if you not used to impact drills, but you can get a depth stop beat that stops that from happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you use an impact driver to board, one screw at a time?
I have the Hilti 22v impact and I love it, but it won't fit in a Makita impact driver pouch as it's too big.
I use it for studwork and for putting in drywall screws in tight corners my collated Hilti won't get in.
Collated Makitas are sh1t in a greenbox.

i have the makita autofeed, has been lying in the garage for 18 months, useless, where do you get hilti's?

Hilti - Home

Register with the site and order online as delivery is next day and free.
Telephone your order and they will charge you carriage.
All tools have 2yr warranty and lifetime maximum repair charge after warranty expires.

I have been using an erbauer impact driver :) for the last 9 months and its been the most used tool :) Cracking bit of kit and I think it only cost £99 :)

I dont like using them for tacking though :)

I always used a makita autofeed as it was provided for me it was fussy with cheap screws. I have the 10v bosch impact driver that I used for any screws it couldn't get great tool for the size of it perfect for boarding but they lack the grunt for other jobs if your driving 4" screws into timber all day.

I couldnt be doing with the noise of an impact for boarding.
There are some really good comparison videos on youtube on drills etc.

If you want it for tacking why not get a drywall driver? i have recently brought a makita one and its great,i also have a collated makita whitch is ok with the right screws!

Status
Not open for further replies.