Im Sold on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

kebab king

Private Member
A few week s ago my mate i was working with used Artex sealer on a couple of lids we were doing, i have used it ever since.Its a little pricey, but goes a long way.Gear hangs around longer,you only put 1 coat on, skim when its dry, normally skimmable in a bout 20 mins.If you have`nt tried some give it ago.

you sure about the bond though mate? ive used it before, but only for artexing, your right, its good sh't man, but artex is sticky stuff innit.... doesnt work like finish, its got protein in it to make it stick (or did have, thats why it used to stink, its synthetic now)
might find youve over sealed it....

Good point chris and i know what ur saying mate.But i personally dont worry as much about the bond nowdays and concentrate on getting it sealed to make life easier for me using wba stabiliser pva whatever needed ive not had a call back yet.Years ago we just wet the wall and skim the f**k*r

He is a Artexer by trade, always used Artex sealer for skimming and Artexing, reckons in 20 years he has never had any come back.The modern Artex has no protein, so , not sure Chris.

yeh i know they did away with the animal protein, think it was when they introduced the cold water mix but its still sticky ol' stuff innit... works well for sticking coving.. dunno what board adhesive has in it to make it sticky, some 'polymer' i suppose..
sounds fair enough then, might well liven up again once the skim hits it anyway, bit like dry pva... how much a tub these days then?
i was just wondering if when it was dry it was more like a shiny surface than a pva'd surface? still, if it aint fell off yet it must be alright...

Artex sealer looks like an off White silk emulsion when dry,
good stuff for artexing on never skimmed over it though.

I use this kit also for walls and ceilings, mega kit kills all the suction, particularly good if distemper present,stabilizes everything. However i do put one hit of pva on after so i have a key. Never had any dramas, get loads of time with your gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.