i'm looking for k-rend or similar course

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunna

hi all doing nothing at the moment so thinking of doing a course on k-render or similar. Whats best ? and is there anywhere to do it near Derby. I keep being asked to price for work in this type of render but never done it or seen it done before and i think i'm missing out, how long are the courses and how much ?. i've been in the plastering trade for over 28 years have a cscs card so does this help with the nvq for this type of course. Thanks :RpS_unsure:

U either love it or hate it mate, personally i like this finish and have done it 100s of times but be prepared to make a mess lol. Theres some good courses in ireland but like most aspects of plastering its all about experiance and getting a feal for the material.

Tunna I'm sure you can bead up just jump in with a gang there's not a lot of theory to it the niggly little bits you're unsure of you could pick up off here

A course isnt going to learn you a lot, theory is about all,as spunky says go with a gang learn, watch,take it in.
like most things you learn from experience.

Hi you can visit K rend its self in Ireland who do a hands on course.Good if youve never done it before but you will learn even more once you start doing it youre self.I used the product about 8 yrs again before the big bang kicked off and i had never used it but once you have done a few areas you get to know drying time and when to rub up the walls and how quickly you can apply it.

Hi, Did the course in Ireland a few years back and it was more theory than hands on. As said, if you can jump on with a gang you will soon pick it up.

K rend i was shocked at jsut how easy it is, after two days i was an expert, just get on with a gang even labouring for them for like a week or something and youll be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.