Im looking at getting a cordless paddle mixer which is best any ideas need it for a firm mix

Members online

Deanp

I'm looking at getting a cordless paddle mixer need one for roofing normally 3 sand 1 cement then water any advice much appreciated guys

There were a couple of guys on Facebook saying that they're already having issues with batteries not holding charge. This was my first concern over a battery mixer.

There were a couple of guys on Facebook saying that they're already having issues with batteries not holding charge. This was my first concern over a battery mixer.
Mine has been ok . Had it about 2 months . It’s got a good warranty . Get about six bags of skim out a battery . I always make sure battery’s are completely flat before I charge them .

I bought the dewalt . Best thing I ever bought
Do you reckon the dewalt flexvolt will be man enough for a roofing contractors as it's a firmer mix of cement I appreciate all the feed back it looks a lovely bit of kit Dean

I've got a flexvolt grinder 6ah battery and it's a powerful bit of kit well impressed the battery are brilliant

Cordless are great ... no leads etc but a few years in you'll be paying £250-300 for a couple of new batteries as they all have a charge cycle and stop holding full power .... so your £500-600 drill after 4-5 years will be costing you near a grand when a megamixer is £270 ish which last ages

What about metabo battery mixing drill .has anybody bought one?
What about metabo battery mixing drill .has anybody bought one?
I have got the metabo. It’s pretty good, not as powerful as a dewalt. Fine for domestic work I would say but probably not as good for site work. I favour my metabo over my refina mega mixer to be honest if that helps. lovely feel to it , light weight, nice handle and trigger. Nice height to to save your back. Feels so light when you first get it out the box especially if you are used to drills like mega mixer.

what I would say :
change the paddle which comes with it, bigger paddle think mine is 140mm. The one that comes with it does not do the drill justice, way too small.

The 5.5amp batteries are ok but I have upgraded to the 10amp and last for ages. 4 days of skimming 2 sets a day. Roughly 20 bags maybe more before recharge was pleasantly surprised

the drill with a 140 paddle and 10amp battery easily knocks up two bags at a time. I probably wouldn’t go knocking up hardwall or render.

overall nice drill for the money
Hope that helps

I agree with them i definitely notice the batteries are not holding charge like they did when I first got it would I recommend one nope