Im in court this morning about the waste cariers license f*ckin nonsense.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelly

Private Member
I'm going not guilty.

I've thought more about this license and all it is, is to cover for the Environment agaencies incompetance at catching fly tippers.

This license is the very proof that they are useless otherwise there would be no need for one.

They cant do their job so they make everyone else pay, they should have the integrity and self respect to resign and let someone who can do the job do it.......cos we are f*ckin paying them.

Which pretty much everyone agrres with however I know full well they will prosecute me as this country is an utter w@nker.

whats the story behind this mate ? i went through all this last year and ended up twisting them up in circles about there red tape and getting an appoligy from them tell me what happened ? or link to post if you told before

What I said was, I am not knowingly guilty. And that the license is not common knowledge.

When we got in the Environment agency produced a list of their costs............£670, on top of any fine and court costs :eek:

I was like "F*ck me" this is going to be costly.

They put their case then this is what I said

They claim I should know about the license as part of running a business, however there is no logical train of thought to suspect I may need one, I go in B&Q buy bags of plaster and dont need a license, yet as soon as they are empty I suddenly need one, it doenst naturally occure to anyone, if anything it is counter intuative.

I have spoken to many MANY people and no one is aware of it.

I didn't deliberately try to dodge anything, I am not standing here lying to you, claiming I was unaware murder was illegal or driving a car without a license was illegal, I and most other people are genuinely unware of its existence.

The magistrate then asked - Were you given time to get one after you were made aware?

Which I said yes, but I subsequently found out if I leave rubbish with customers or get skips then I dont need one and I object to its validity as it simply passes the cost of their inability to do their jobs onto the innocent.

The EA solicitor had no reply :)

I said some other stuff but cant remember it all.

Anyway they went in the back for a chat about what to do, another solicitor in the court came up to me and the EA solicitor and said "I was listening to that who exactly needs a license?"

I cut in "so you have never heard of it either?" He glanced at the EA bloke and reluctantly as if he was letting the side down said "no"..............I said to the EA bloke "see".

Anyway they came back in and said.

We are not allowed to interpret the law (meaning they fully understood my situation, and agreed with me) we are bound by law to carry it out, however we will show that in the lightest fine possible £100 + £150 court costs and they offered F*ck all of the £670 the EA wanted. :D :D :D :D

I said thanks but was secretly laughing my tits off the EA thought they could walk in and bully me (and one day you) to the tune of £670...........w@nkers they got nowt.

The breakdown was they were charging £52.50 per hour.................... I wish I could charge that.

nice one nelly, pound a week for 250 weeks.... did they tell you to get a licence then? if so, what for?

You dont need a license if you dont move rubbish away from a job.

Well if your a business anyway, if you do work on your own house or work for free then thats ok.

But if you have the cheek to work for money then they want some of that money.

so, if youre signing on, youre not a business, and if you work on the side, because your not a business youre exempt from paying the waste carriers licence fee, and more likely to fly tip the sh't...
and if you do a little job for a mate and get stopped by the environment police, all you need to do is flash em your 'exemption certificate' (otherwise known as a ub40) and toddle off to the layby to unload...
::)

I am fairly certain I'll be a target for them now they missed out on their £670, follow me around etc.

It woudnt suprise me, government quangos do far more pointless exercises!

And thats exactly what they are an unelected quango who think they can make up laws and are above the rest of us.

Oh I just remembered I have a mate who owns an environment magazine and I told the court that he uses me on his house and place of work and he knows that I am kosher..........they were quite impressed with that lol

The EA however wern't.

I'd f*ckin love to be a fly on their wall this afternoon when he goes back and has to admit he got out argued by a thick plasterer :)

see if that was me in the court when the magistrate said ............'Were you given time to get one after you were made aware?'

i would have gone........errrrr yeeeah and looked at the floor a bit ;D

spunky said:
see if that was me in the court when the magistrate said ............'Were you given time to get one after you were made aware?'

i would have gone........errrrr yeeeah and looked at the floor a bit ;D

Got to admit it went massively in my favour that I managed to articulate myself properly and get my point across, but the main thing was I was genuine.

Well done mate so now you know they are goin to be on your case are you gonna get one?
Do you still need to get one?

I got to say I bought one for £160 cos I couldn't run the risk of getting caught with a bit of rubbish in the van. It's jumping through hoops but I thought it was cheaper than getting caught. I am glad however, that you got off with the £670. Well Done.

wwwplasterkingcouk said:
thats not exactly right regarding leaving the gear with customer
why not? your not carrying waste? its called a waste carriers licence, not a waste producers licence...

im not saying your wrong, i just dont see how it can be right?

as a plasterer you dont need one i went through all this last year and came out on top even got an appologie from head man at enviro waste in leeds and he printed out some stuff for me im just trying to dig it out now and ill tell you the story bare with me

first off this is the letter i wrote to them

To whom it may concern
On Friday 29th January I was approached by one of your enforcement officers who asked me a series of questions regarding how I disposed of my commercial waste. I informed them that due to the nature of the business any waste that was produced was disposed of through the customer on site via skips.
The officer found no waste in the vehicle other than a can of coke that was not even opened in the front of the cab and a rubbish bag that contained wrappers from food. The officer asked how I would dispose of these, and was informed that they too would go into the skip at the site I was currently working at, to which she replied ‘good’.
I was then handed a form and told to go on my way. I asked for an explanation regarding the document handed to me as at no time did she offer any advice or explanations regarding it. When it was finally explained to me, her manner was abrupt and rude. Yet again I explained that I did not have receipts as the customer is always responsible for disposal of any unrecyclable materials. She yet again dismissed me in a way that was arrogant and patronizing.
I would also like you to assist me in how I prove that my customers dispose of the waste, as it is not reasonable to ask me to produce receipts for goods I have not purchased, or have any need to do so?
I have responded within the 7 days notice period and ask that you kindly do the same.
I look forward to hearing from you, and ask that you deal with my concerns raised as a complaint against your enforcement officer regarding her very unhelpful and unacceptable attitude towards me.

basicly she told me i had to produce two years worth of skip reciepts i just laughed at her and then sent that letter to her bos and started a complaints procedure towards her for her attitude and her boss rang me up and said he was sorry she behaved that way and if i could just give him 4 skip reciepts that would be the end of it to which i replied how long have i got to get them to you baring in mind my 7 days is up he said another 7 days so he then said am i going to persue the complaint against the shot putter woman proper battle axe she was how long have i got to complain he said 14 days so i said well we will see when youve give me all clear ill consider not persuing it .

to be fair the bloke was spot on and explained it to me in detail and i said the thing is this isnt advertised anywhere which he admited i said why dont you let people know you could put signs in builders yards etc which he said i never thought of that DIV

anyway ill ask you what he asked me and see what you think
if you were a plumber and you were doing a full refit on bathroom what would be waste from the rip out ???

You would think it's everything that's ripped out:
Bath, sink, bog, tiles, flooring etc...?

But I bet it's just waste from new materials like pipe offcuts, tile offcuts, empty silicone tubes etc....?

well thats what i said but its everything but the bath sink and loo whish is household waste WTF i said thats what would get fly tipped and he said i dont make the rules i just enforce them

anyways all you have to do is keep your skip reciepts and if your customer supplies it your entiteled to a copy by law as a plasterer you can carry plasterboard offcuts etc as long as you prove your disposing of it in the correct maner ie skips with reciepts so just get hold of as many as you can i just gave him ones off friends who had hired one but keep all mine now oh and by the way all your letters and food cartons etc are trade waste so just say its going in skip on site he did actually go out of his way to do me something to print off to customers explain the different options for the waste for them to sign as proof ill dig it out and post it up .

the funny thing is i found out why he was being so helpfull a few months ago when i started shagin this lass and she used to work for enviro agency and i told her the story and who i spoke to and it turns out he was shagin this monster who issued me with ticket probably scared to death of her

flynnyman said:
Well done mate so now you know they are goin to be on your case are you gonna get one?
Do you still need to get one?

Am I f*ck!

Theres no f*ckin chance that they are making me cover the cost of them not being able to do their job properly.

If they had any self respect and integrity they should hand in their resignation, if they cant catch fly tippers then they should let someone who can do the job instead.

I'm not saying its an easy job for them........far from it in fact, but for them to keep taking their wages off tax payers knowing full well that they are a useless set of wasters is f*ckin disgusting.

They dont care about the environment they just care about money!

Remember this.......Not a single one of them does on a voluntary basis!

so if i eat a bag of crisps in the car when i drive round pricing jobs in the evening, the empty packet is trade waste?

And you'll prob get nicked for eating whilst driving. You're worse then a drink driver, but anot as bad as someone who uses a mobile whilst driving

lewisricekrispy said:
And you'll prob get nicked for eating whilst driving. You're worse then a drink driver, but anot as bad as someone who uses a mobile whilst driving

What's wrong with using a mobile while driving? it ain't illegal! :-\
I do it all the time, bit awkward when holding a double sos n egg muffin in the other hand while going round a roundabout though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.