I'm a mug - Van insurance

Brimstone

When I changed from the Pug combi to a proper van, it was my first van and the insurance quotes were silly, the only place I could get a lower quote was Direct Line van section - £ 329 basic with NCB protection.
Year on year it crept up, I left it too late/too busy to check and just rolled over. This year my mileage halved, I had the time and they wanted to up it by £50 to £470.
I asked around and easily got it down at several places, and saved myself £170, (NFU) not even the cheapest quote.
So I should have taken the effort years ago..

Feeling a right mug.

When I changed from the Pug combi to a proper van, it was my first van and the insurance quotes were silly, the only place I could get a lower quote was Direct Line van section - £ 329 basic with NCB protection.
Year on year it crept up, I left it too late/too busy to check and just rolled over. This year my mileage halved, I had the time and they wanted to up it by £50 to £470.
I asked around and easily got it down at several places, and saved myself £170, (NFU) not even the cheapest quote.
So I should have taken the effort years ago..

Feeling a right mug.
I'm paying £690 , with continental relay , mines a converted mini bus and had little choice as Adrian flux were the only ones willing

Continental relay pushes it up quite a bit. There used to only be 2 underwriters willing to insure private minibuses, but that was a few years ago.

I forget who mine is with, but it's been £390 ish for the last few years. This year I need to add carrying other people's goods for collecting and dropping stuff off. That adds £250 a year because apparently it counts as haulage. :nocausagracia: W4nkers.

I'd just chance it on a normal 'own goods' commercial policy but you can guarantee I'd have an accident and they'd ask who owned the gear that had shot through the windscreen and kebabed Doris in her Micra. :aburrido:

Most of these insurance policies are police purposes only.
Try and put a claim in and there will be a lot of red tape involved.
Try and keep safe guys!

No idea what I pay . Wife sorts it all as she works in insurance. I know she just got us year for kuga and it was 125 quid

No idea what I pay . Wife sorts it all as she works in insurance. I know she just got us year for kuga and it was 125 quid

That's what it costs for four of my bikes on a classic policy and motorbikes aren't exactly risk free. :wtf:

I'm sick of that fat c**t on go compare!!!
Love to rap a bat round his head!! I'd say how that compare to a Punch in gob!!!

You do talk a good game. Convinced even me!!
This is me with my Dad when I was 3, so that'll be 50 years on sites. No wonder I'm thinking more and more about retirement. :LOL:

CYIf-j6WMAgsqCT.jpg

I've got the same machine , bloody good workhorse
Mid '60s 3c, if I had the space I'd have one. Sadly I doubt it would be too popular if I put one on the drive.

Mid '60s 3c, if I had the space I'd have one. Sadly I doubt it would be too popular if I put one on the drive.
Mines 2d 1962 , I've flogged it to near death , currently needs starter , got little use for it now but it's sentimental attachment