Im a confused girl...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloKitty

Hey guys!

I recently decided for christmas to make a mold of something for my dad. I am quite confused tho.:RpS_wub:

What im trying to make a mold of is 3 inch hollow tubing. It also has 1/2 inch threads on both ends. How would I make a mold of something round an hollow? I took some pictures to show you guys.

Here they are.

P1040164.jpg P1040165.jpg P1040166.jpg P1040167.jpg

The mold needs to be hollow because there will be a uv light on the inside of this thing im making. Its a uv sterilizer for a fish tank. Water will need to pass through it and it needs to be water tight. Can this type of mold be made with plaster of paris?

I hope I didnt confuse anybody with my questions - I hope I can get some advice!!

Thank you all :rolleyes)

My you have hairy arms for a girl :-0
Welcome by the way, I'm sure someone on here can help you very soon :)

Nickelarse on here recently made a fleshlight with some moulding compound or gel I can't remember exactly but he'll be along soon enough :)

:RpS_biggrin:

Well I'm confused, water needs to run through it, but it needs to be water tight :RpS_unsure:
Fish tanks, uv light :-0
You are aware you are on a plasterers forum lol :)

It needs to not leak once water is running through it. The threads need to be water tight so water doesnt leak out of the unit. :)

UV light would have to be in a glass sleeve wouldn't it with a water jacket on the outside. Water and electric don't mix. They are usually externally situated as well.

My you have hairy arms for a girl :-0
Welcome by the way, I'm sure someone on here can help you very soon :)

Nickelarse on here recently made a fleshlight with some moulding compound or gel I can't remember exactly but he'll be along soon enough :)

its quite sturdy aswell. its took a right pounding and still doesnt leak in the slightest

I would say no , if you want it waterproof, why not use silicone, but to be honest by the time you've made one, it would be cheaper to buy one

I agree, do a search on google and have a look at a few. If you buy one you'll know it'll be right and will have a guarantee.

You shouldn't use gypsum plaster in damp conditions especially in water:RpS_scared:
You need a waterproof tanking render mix with fibres in.

The mix is 4 plastering sand, 1 cement, hand full of fibres, good splash of sbr & a bit of still mineral water.
Then get some cling film around a cucumber or similar and press the mix onto this squeezing it into shape around the shaft of the cucumber, then rub it up & down with the back of a spoon, let it go hard :rolleyes)
Then remove cucumber & peel cling film off.....Tadaaa a waterproof shaft :RpS_thumbup:

Surely it would be a lot better just to go out and buy a fecking UV filter thingy, or do you live near Casper?

Forgot to mention, if at a later date any damp issues aRISE in the render shaft you would be best speaking to our in house Damp expert Eddie/Irish_spread,
He can also advise you on the best antibiotics for your fish or even for yourselves if you ever need them in an emergency, he will tell you the best options for you from personal experience :RpS_thumbup:

Don't lie Paul I saw some cucumber on that kebab in the pic of you at Eddies house :RpS_biggrin:

Hello Kitty. Have you got a boyfriend? Fish antibiotics start from £16 a throw but are cheaper than taking a day off and they do work although I ended up having 3 weeks off due to an unrelated infection (she was only a cousin)
what colour knickers are you wearing and make sure you use an RCD to be on the safe side.

Regards, Hector

Status
Not open for further replies.