If we could improve plastering what would you like to see.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
These courses were meant to help jo bloggs to help them around the home originally.Near to me is one of these training centres and they have bought an old house which these students will plaster and they will teach them how to price work????? They have to start somewhere as no one is setting anybody on.

yep - and thats why i did it - but by paying for some knowledge to help themselves around the home or maybe try a new career, "jo bloggs" is stealing work from tradesmen.. not sure what the answer is to that one

I cant help feeling, that having been a daily reader for the past few months and reading about how hard some guys are having it at present, any feeling that someone is a courser or chancer as it seems more accurate, immediately stands out as a target. If the trade was booming, spreads were clocking up a grand a week plus, and the goverment were on a trade recruiting drive to get young lads from school or middle aged career changers into the trade, it would largely be ignored or at least tollerated...

Ive seen the same thing in my work.
You can go along to your local college, see ads in the local rag and on tv/radio saying.... "matey here was pissed off in his warehouse job, but then went to his local college and did a course in IT, at his own pace, in his own time, and now hes earning 40k a year for sitting in a nice warm office all day, suited n booted, and having working lunches at the boozer.... no doubt his mrs suddenly became a size 6 stunner and his dick grew another 4 inches too... I know cos ive seen em coming into our place for interviews "looking for a new direction in life cos I.T is the glamour job".... so i do understand why people get miffed at it, and at coursers -- but as you said, and as ive said to IT wannabes, they gotta start somewhere.

henry: no need for pm... the clue was in the statement... do a course in I.T. i was hoping for a similar deal when i did my plastering course... still waiting :eek:)

holybank: in all seriousness, its quite doable, im a chippy by trade - time served blah blah blah, took a while to get into this game, prob had 20 or so interviews till i finally got a 3 month trial starting on 10k 10 years ago, for some reason not many companies were looking for a carpenter with feck all computer experience - but still there, and earn a bit more now

Well I will start it off what about already mix multi or board in tubs if this was possible to do. Just a quick stir and ready to go.
A plaster that would stick to painted walls or artex etc with no need for pva.
i would call it Unifinish.

I wouldnt mind betting that even a 1 wk courser like me can lay on/trowel up to a finish just as fast and just as good quality as a lot of so called "pro spreads" out there.

Wow.
You make a statement like that and expect not to get some sh1t?

Status
Not open for further replies.