If plasterings so good....gimme a job.

Members online

No members online now.
That what I would have assumed. Or say its a 3 day job,could you not request it on the second day?

I'm genuinely wondering what people have done if they've not been paid? Is there any way to follow it up? Legal action or something?
You can send solicitor's letter which threaten with ccj, people rarely overlooking that one, but some dig their heels in and won't pay till the court says so. If you lucky court decides in your favour that's another matter if they have the means to pay or not, then you can go to high court which is 12-18months, there you need proper solicitors to represent you not just yourself, that will cost you at least 5k but I got quoted in July 10-15k in legal fees to recover 4k and that was the cheaper quote, so just throwing good money after bad one plus the stress, then you have to take them to court once again to recover your court fees, hence I know a lot of people just write debt down as the law is against the tradesmen unfortunately. It's a c**ts world, people make a living and a lifestyle not paying honest trades.

I can’t wait to retire... I envisage myself by the sea taking classes in yoga, art and languages! I’m going to look the biz with my easel and canvas on the beach and when people stroll over to have a look I’m going have painted “f**k**g nosey bastards” on the canvas
Ooh yoga.........that’s what I’m gonna take up........the hot one........
Excersise with a load of Lycra clad stretchy, sweaty, farty women .....
Mmmmmmmm

Its been well covered, but if you go in like that you'll fail. Colin I want you to win. But with every question and comment you become more ridiculous.
In fact the longer this goes on, the more I'm inclined to believe those 10 years were a waste of time. Its no disrespect that your destiny might be elsewhere.

In fact the longer this goes on, the more I'm inclined to believe those 10 years were a waste of time. Its no disrespect that your destiny might be elsewhere.
Never worked as a sole trader, so no idea how to go about it. Just askig questions. I think your theory is utter nonsense though. You'll see

They always find excuses, had one the othee week for a couple of grand, I had to take out over draft just to tie me over as had bought new tools and materials for another job.

Sent the usual 'did you get my invoice' message the following day.. they responded 'yes, thanks again'.. I reminded them it's payment on completion.

Next day, checked bank, nothing, left another email, no reply.

Next day called the house phone and spoke to his misses, asked what was going on 'oh, itll be paid, he's been away working for a few days, I'll make sure he pays it this evening!'

Money was in that night.

It makes my blood boil, its so rude and inconsiderate, there is no excuse to not pay IMMEDIATELY on the day you finish. They make you feel bad messaging them, and right at the end after all the palava find 30 seconds to transfer the wedge. Why can't they just do it whens agreed?!
I don't agree. Everyone should thoroughly check out any work they're having done before paying.
If someone is away for whatever reason then that's not possible.
5-7 days seems reasonable to me.
I've ended up seriously out of pocket by paying instantly for work done, both at work and at home.

Trading standards told me to price jobs as fixed quote not estimate. Then as a sole trader all money’s must paid on day of completion. Cash or bank transfer. Done it for last 10 years. I give em 1or 2 days then email just checking you got invoice. It works really well . Domestic work . Someone offered to pay by cheque recently. Wots that all about.:bailando:

Do any of you get money up front? That's how it should be done
That the way it should be paid half way paid last day when finished if you walked out of any shop the cops would be after you what the different. If they did not got paid at the end of the monthi bet my house on it they be on the phone cursing the company

8 bags of board finish used over weekend. Boulders and stones almost in every hawk full.at the end i was amazed each trowel full that didn't drag across wall. Gear is dog s**t.

Seriously what I do at times like this is start work later in the morning, tell customers you’ll be there at 10 am and piss off home no later than 3pm
Go through diary and pick out every single one that think I won’t like doing text bomb them off , then start again, any more quotes come in tell them the week after next to view , eat food and definitely have a 30 minutes sit down break to chill at 12.30 ish, end of day have to look after number one
Im the same m8 I start about 9 10 finish bout 3 4 they call me half day man charge about 20 hour I just tell them you should of tried harder in school I'm 43 the only reason I'm staying my own boss becouse I've got young kids so I get more quality time with them and I've got a goal morgate free 9 years got income from other house that keeps me going so I can pack it in at 52 on the top and two finger two everybody that slaged me over the years ive done it time to relax