Idiot joiner

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a great week. Bought a dab radio and had some great tunes kicking out. Absolute 80s (my youth) 90s (teenage early 20s). The week just flew by, made a two bed house at £1200 to board and skim a joy. So Friday we popped on the 90s tunes and was loading the next house to crack on. Nirvana came on, "brilliant", I shouted, "who" said the young apprentice joiner outside. " You never heard of Nirvana?.. " I said. " Err nope ". "WTF" I said. Then his gaffer piped up and said, "that's nothing, he's never heard of Nelson Mandela!!!". "Why would I" he said "I f#cking hate reggae "....

Reactions: Adz
Nope you got it brothers, £1200. I know it's crap, but they are pretty straight forward. Still, they want a Rolls Royce for the price of a Morris Minor!!

4 days. Load out, do ceilings and stud upstairs first day. My pal finishes the stud work downstairs while I crack on with dotting second day. We then finish it together in afternoon. Then 6 gauges over two days. Like I say it's graft but they are straightforward. These are about average prices for where I am, Sheffield and surrounding areas.

Makita. Quality. Yep. £960. But that's til Thursday then we pop a bit on Friday from the next house. Or do a private job to top up wage. All gravey.

Makita. Quality. Yep. £960. But that's til Thursday then we pop a bit on Friday from the next house. Or do a private job to top up wage. All gravey.
I don't envy you It's grim as f**k and you're worth more than that but it is what it is and fair enough for getting out there and doing it because if it's not you it's someone else mate.

So is that 960 between the 2 of you?

My next question is (not trying to offend) but how can you do that much to a standard that is good.... I get big sets but that amount of m2 in a short space of time....

I could do biggish sets but I always felt I was compromising on quality if I pushed my luck (looked perfect when painted though)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Danny, be honest with you, these plastering firms look for faults in work so they don't have to put it right. So it has to be right first time, because we can't afford to go back. We don't do big gauges. We mix 3 bags (1 1/2 each isn't alot) this goes very far on board, especially when it's boarded well. Then lay in with a bag and a half. You generally have a bit left to break up the cupboards / hallway/ shitty area's. I'm not saying that I'm the best plasterer out there, not even close. But we leave a good, clean job. Round our way the plastering firms are generally shits, who are too quick to take money off you. I've just worked out the chap I work for , and he pays on time to the penny, even if he is a picky t**t!

Going back to the original comment, I was on a job lastI year telling the lads I was watching New order on Saturday, all I got was who? Told them it was at the warehouse project in Manchester that gained their respect!!

Sent from my Nokia 3210

£8 to hang and skim a plasterboard after tax. Am not being smart but there's nothing quite like a McDonald's.

Fixers get 1.75 a metre, skimming 2.75 one 8 x 4 total for both around 13 pounds total, and that's site work.

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Danny, be honest with you, these plastering firms look for faults in work so they don't have to put it right. So it has to be right first time, because we can't afford to go back. We don't do big gauges. We mix 3 bags (1 1/2 each isn't alot) this goes very far on board, especially when it's boarded well. Then lay in with a bag and a half. You generally have a bit left to break up the cupboards / hallway/ shitty area's. I'm not saying that I'm the best plasterer out there, not even close. But we leave a good, clean job. Round our way the plastering firms are generally shits, who are too quick to take money off you. I've just worked out the chap I work for , and he pays on time to the penny, even if he is a picky t**t!

Nope thats fair enough :D I feel tired just thinking about it :D

U can't fix stupid

You can probably numb it though with a length of 4x2.

Look at this maniac no hiviz or hardhat.
Screenshot_2016-02-20-15-54-27-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.