Ideas for fixing to steel cladding ?

Members online

newmannewy

Got a friend who wants his industrial building, partitioning and turning into an office space.. It is half breeze block at bottom of wall and the industrial steel cladding at top half of wall (see pic below);
im wondering anyone got any suggestions on how best to fix boards too it ?

I was thinking of fixing some 3"x2" wood to the top half of the wall on the cladding, and dot the bottom of the wall with some gypsum bonding compound, and just dropping an 8x4 over the lot as i go along. Shoot screws into the top half into the 3"x2" and tap back the boards at bottom to level.

But not sure how best to fix the 3"x2" to the cladding though, what screws or plugs should be used or what is best practice ?
Any and all ideas welcome.
Also he wants insulation boards to help insulate the room.

steel.jpg

If you have to puncture the sheets fix box profile screws with rubber seals from outside into 3x2 timber inside .
Depending how high get chippy to build frame from base up fill gap to sheets with Rockwool and vapour barrier then board.
Hard to see what's there from just pic of a sheet ?

Got a friend who wants his industrial building, partitioning and turning into an office space.. It is half breeze block at bottom of wall and the industrial steel cladding at top half of wall (see pic below);
im wondering anyone got any suggestions on how best to fix boards too it ?

I was thinking of fixing some 3"x2" wood to the top half of the wall on the cladding, and dot the bottom of the wall with some gypsum bonding compound, and just dropping an 8x4 over the lot as i go along. Shoot screws into the top half into the 3"x2" and tap back the boards at bottom to level.

But not sure how best to fix the 3"x2" to the cladding though, what screws or plugs should be used or what is best practice ?
Any and all ideas welcome.
Also he wants insulation boards to help insulate the room.

View attachment 58407
DO NOT, fix direct to the sheets, you should only be fixing to the perlins.
To fix to the Perlins you will need to get the appropriate length tecs for the framing timber you are using. Oh and buy a tec bit.