Ideas for a fake external wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBruvOfEnglandUK

Private Member
Some carpenters phoned me this afternoon. They have been asked if they can build a fake wall. They called me for ideas and also to ask me to render one side of the wall for them.
The wall would be about 4m long by 3m high and braced all along the back side.
They have asked if there is anything that could be fixed to a wooden frame and then rendered that would be ok outside?
Any ideas?

Tis true ive seen it. Rumour has it the pallets were full of doughnuts before and he only did it to hide the evidence

Some carpenters phoned me this afternoon. They have been asked if they can build a fake wall. They called me for ideas and also to ask me to render one side of the wall for them.
The wall would be about 4m long by 3m high and braced all along the back side.
They have asked if there is anything that could be fixed to a wooden frame and then rendered that would be ok outside?
Any ideas?

Hi Big Bruv

Knauf Aquapanel Exterior is perfect for this application.....
Your job in Spain? I can give you the contact details of my Spanish Aquapanel Colleague, they can sort you with Aquapanel Exterior in Spain locally, and help with local regs and supply route (if needed)... they also speak good English

Drop me a mail rlord@knauf.co.uk with you contact details

Good Luck mate

Richard Lord

Last edited:

Thanks for the referal Asif!

...Fakery...? lol

I'll take that as a compliment..... lol

I look forward to eventually catching up with you one day John - I'll wait until you have a new Lab though.... helping Dansouthcoast84 shift some Aquapanel around a job a few weeks back nearly killed me....

I am more a lifting donuts with Warrior kind of guy really.... lol

Cheers Bud!

...Fakery...? lol

I look forward to eventually catching up with you one day John - I'll wait until you have a new Lab though.... helping Dansouthcoast84 shift some Aquapanel around a job a few weeks back nearly killed me....

Cheers Bud!

If someone can upload the pic for me they can see how puffed out mr lord became

Thanks for all the replies, lads.

I spoke to one of the chippies this morning but he was in one of his disinterested moods so I thought **** it, I'm not interested in it either in that case. They can figure it out for themselves.

He did mention that the wall needed to be mobile and also that a dry lining guy said that they could use plasterboard and waterproof it. I told them that I wouldn't want the job of rendering it because I don't think that would work. Maybe it would but I'm really not interested anymore.
He also said that the wall needed to be mobile. I said that the only way they could move something that heavy is by using a truck with a Hiab on it. This would cost about €120 each time it's moved but even if the plasterboard was successful, that the joints would probably crack every time it was moved. Their customer was also thinking of trying to market these mobile walls to his clients (I think he might be a property manager?). By this time I had really had enough of the conversation and told him that there are probably companies that make lightweight, mobile walls, so maybe they should forget making a big heavy wall out of wood and plasterboard and just try to find one of those companies instead

Thanks for all the replies, lads.

I spoke to one of the chippies this morning but he was in one of his disinterested moods so I thought **** it, I'm not interested in it either in that case. They can figure it out for themselves.

He did mention that the wall needed to be mobile and also that a dry lining guy said that they could use plasterboard and waterproof it. I told them that I wouldn't want the job of rendering it because I don't think that would work. Maybe it would but I'm really not interested anymore.
He also said that the wall needed to be mobile. I said that the only way they could move something that heavy is by using a truck with a Hiab on it. This would cost about €120 each time it's moved but even if the plasterboard was successful, that the joints would probably crack every time it was moved. Their customer was also thinking of trying to market these mobile walls to his clients (I think he might be a property manager?). By this time I had really had enough of the conversation and told him that there are probably companies that make lightweight, mobile walls, so maybe they should forget making a big heavy wall out of wood and plasterboard and just try to find one of those companies instead
yeah

...Fakery...? lol

Cheers Bud!

Speak for your self fatty !! and beddy of course x

Speak for your self fatty !! and beddy of course x

Sorry Bud - easy shot maybe.....

I take it from your FB posts, you have shifted some timber.... Well done mate!!!

I guess I now have the tag on my tod.... Beddy has shifted some as well (wants to look good in some photos, or something... Women eh?)

How was eastern Europe?

...Fakery...? lol

Cheers Bud!

Is it any wonder I look knackered - we have just lifted a pallet (or 2 - cannot remember) of Aquapanel between us and I had shifted most of that topcoat ..... left the dusty basecoat bags to you guys though!

BTW - that JUB top coat does not wash out of denim..... so should be self cleaning on the wall LOL

Last edited:
Is it any wonder I look knackered - we have just lifted a pallet (or 2 - cannot remember) of Aquapanel between us and I had shifted most of that topcoat ..... left the dusty basecoat bags to you guys though!

BTW - that JUB top coat does not wash out of denim..... so should be self cleaning on the wall LOL

I was going to say can anyone tell what is wrong with this picture

Status
Not open for further replies.