I was only trying to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
listen pal don't play the feeling sorry for yourself/victim card now...you have openly said that you've been plastering 10yrs with your dad and then just asked advice for the most basic of plastering problem for something that I must get at least 5 times a month every month for past 15yrs!!!!

I cant be bothered to carry this on anymore as its boring I just don't appreciate being point blankley lied to and then made out to be the badguy!

all the best zombie
View attachment 3933

Rycarr I might be wrong as I am just a student myself but how are you working out of an estate car.

I was patching up today (college was being investigated for rot or something so our first days back were starting to patch up the 100 or so large holes in every bloody wall in every room as they checked every last joist and wall it seems) and well it just goes to show you just how many hand tools you can use, bags of plaster/bonding and spare bits of timber to secure the patches to joists and whatnot and probably 50 other things I haven't remembered. Good job I'd forgotten and left wood chisels in my bag cos I ended up rehanging a door. I haven't owned a plastering van but when I do I'm damn sure I can fill it with all sorts that I might need.

And I mean if not for any of that. 8x4 plasterboard...estate car!

You gonna sell it and get a van or?

Just what I've got to start off with as only doing small domestic jobs so far got the roof rack for boards etc though haven't needed to use yet ideally looking to get a van eventually as and when just first ting that came up.
It is possible to work out an estate just take tools you need each job always check out jobs first.

The main reason I started this thread was I had a problem on a job which hands up I've never had before thought that was what this forum was about botched up plasterboard beading at top not meeting gaps between board and beading theres nothing behind the board just a void cos they've boarded up a conservatory window only asking for advice on job 3rd degree jeez

The main reason I started this thread was I had a problem on a job which hands up I've never had before thought that was what this forum was about botched up plasterboard beading at top not meeting gaps between board and beading theres nothing behind the board just a void cos they've boarded up a conservatory window only asking for advice on job 3rd degree jeez

Yep that's what this forum is about? Chancers doing pro spread work.....
I'd get on the job and tell the customer, not a bad effort there pal but just a couple of bit's I'll sort out for you.
Add half day labour to original price and get the job done.
I've sorted things a million times worse than those pics and still had a laugh with the customers.
Get another trade pal.

Yep that's what this forum is about? Chancers doing pro spread work.....
I'd get on the job and tell the customer, not a bad effort there pal but just a couple of bit's I'll sort out for you.
Add half day labour to original price and get the job done.
I've sorted things a million times worse than those pics and still had a laugh with the customers.
Get another trade pal.

are you a plasterer? :RpS_confused:

come on mate its still not to late to smooth all this out @rycarr...

perhaps a quick picky of your wife? girlfriend? erm neighbour an ex owt realy so long as got titts!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rycarr you are just the butt of the mid day week frustration :)

They'll get over it. For my part I was just curious! I haven't got a van nor am I currently a plasterer so I can hardly give you any **** lol

Rycarr you are just the butt of the mid day week frustration :)

They'll get over it. For my part I was just curious! I haven't got a van nor am I currently a plasterer so I can hardly give you any **** lol[/QUOTE when working with my dad he had a nissan van, but I've moved away now just starting out on my own estate was what just came up first suited my needs although I've been doing it years its like starting from nothing in new place no contacts etc so just getting small domestic jobs hopefully build up a good rep I don't have work constantly its slow but steady quiet some weeks but to be expected.

Rycarr I might be wrong as I am just a student myself but how are you working out of an estate car.

I was patching up today (college was being investigated for rot or something so our first days back were starting to patch up the 100 or so large holes in every bloody wall in every room as they checked every last joist and wall it seems) and well it just goes to show you just how many hand tools you can use, bags of plaster/bonding and spare bits of timber to secure the patches to joists and whatnot and probably 50 other things I haven't remembered. Good job I'd forgotten and left wood chisels in my bag cos I ended up rehanging a door. I haven't owned a plastering van but when I do I'm damn sure I can fill it with all sorts that I might need.

And I mean if not for any of that. 8x4 plasterboard...estate car!

You gonna sell it and get a van or?

Just what I've got to start off with as only doing small domestic jobs so far got the roof rack for boards etc though haven't needed to use yet ideally looking to get a van eventually as and when just first ting that came up.
It is possible to work out an estate just take tools you need each job always check out jobs first.
an estate car sounds like luxury to me,, i only have a wheel barrow at the moment,:RpS_biggrin: admittedly the 8x4 sheets of plasterboard are a bit of a problem but apart from that its great :RpS_thumbsup::RpS_wink:

an estate car sounds like luxury to me,, i only have a wheel barrow at the moment,:RpS_biggrin: admittedly the 8x4 sheets of plasterboard are a bit of a problem but apart from that its great :RpS_thumbsup::RpS_wink:
fuking wheel barrow...................... i done even have shoes :RpS_cursing:

Status
Not open for further replies.