I was only trying to help

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rycarr

So I went to this job today all had been pre plasterboarded and beading by the customer as he was "only trying to help" anyway so I get there and the whole job is totally botched the board is not even at the top the beading is not level and where two bits join theres a gap between the beads but nothing behind it so how can I fill this gap plus a bit of the plaster board has snapped so the gaps bigger thinking either getting some plastic beading thats bigger to cover it up any ideas....Theres no board or anything behind the gap...The screws were all sticking out the board.........trying to help trying to save money more like.

Just get on with it get in the real world !my tyre burst lost a day !what iam my goin to do about it ?moan !why cos im good at it!

Yeah intend to they already said they will pay the extra costs but was a bit akward cos he really thought he'd done a good job on it.

put thick coat beads over the top of the beads that are not plum.try straighten the gyprock with bonding.or just double sheet with gyprock.lol or screw it off start again.

If in doubt as most of the customers i have had in the past trying to help. Do as them and get the crazy foam out and try and cover absolutely everything with it:-0

Its all good just hated being put in position of someone thinking they done well then having to say the jobs more than I thought cos I've gotta fix what you've done not that I said it like that ....gave a good quote just when your doing a job and becomes more complicated is it okay to say this is gonna cost more

Its all good just hated being put in position of someone thinking they done well then having to say the jobs more than I thought cos I've gotta fix what you've done not that I said it like that
you should have said it exactly like that so maybe next time he wont "help out"

I skimmed a garage conversion the other month for a guy who said he was a builder, I'd never worked for him before but gave it a go as u do, he said he would board it to help me out. Now experience always be a bit wary of someone you don't know boarding it , this is what I turned up to... ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1410282082.003285.jpg
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1410282120.750104.jpg
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1410282159.021898.jpg
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1410282189.234131.jpg
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1410282215.342033.jpg
There were nails hanging out the ceiling, boards not tacked properly, so I hammered them up, put a few more screws in, did plenty of filling out and used a bit more fibre tape, skimmed it, got my money and run! Learnt not to work for him again! Lol
Believe it or not though the customer was over the moon! Sometimes you've just got to get on with it!

I skimmed a garage conversion the other month for a guy who said he was a builder, I'd never worked for him before but gave it a go as u do, he said he would board it to help me out. Now experience always be a bit wary of someone you don't know boarding it , this is what I turned up to...View attachment 3928
View attachment 3929
View attachment 3930
View attachment 3931
View attachment 3932
There were nails hanging out the ceiling, boards not tacked properly, so I hammered them up, put a few more screws in, did plenty of filling out and used a bit more fibre tape, skimmed it, got my money and run! Learnt not to work for him again! Lol
Believe it or not though the customer was over the moon! Sometimes you've just got to get on with it!

this is what you get when you take the skill out of plastering

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

thought you said on your last thread about what price to charge after i was kicking off saying if you don't know how to price you shouldn't be doing the job that you was trained by your dad and he did all the pricing bla bla bla bla.....

to which i said BULLSHIIIT i think your just starting after going on a course and time will tel when you start asking the most basic of plastering questions .........

well here we are less than 2 days down the line and you've proven my point!!!

MUPPETT!!!!!!!!!!!!:RpS_cursing:

I skimmed a garage conversion the other month for a guy who said he was a builder, I'd never worked for him before but gave it a go as u do, he said he would board it to help me out. Now experience always be a bit wary of someone you don't know boarding it , this is what I turned up to...View attachment 3928
View attachment 3929
View attachment 3930
View attachment 3931
View attachment 3932
i turn up to shite like this all the time mainly builders the cuunts

Job was off freeindex you have to give a estimate quote which I did turned up and its more to it simples

muppet:RpS_thumbsup:

Oh and also just read now off your last thread just staring out so just using my estate car blablabla lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

it realy is just getting better this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wouldn't mind but if your guna lie at least try and cover your fookin tracks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:RpS_cursing:

i turn up to shite like this all the time mainly builders the cuunts
Yeah this is good compared to some over the years lol! Builders always think they can board, just to try and save a few quid! The labourer who had boarded that with the 'builder' was there when I started the job so to get a bit of conversation I asked... So how long you been a boarder... He replied ... I've done a bit over the years but my most my life I've been a fairground worker .. Not knowing what to say I replied... Oh rite, walked to the van n laughed like fook:RpS_laugh:

Starting out on my own ! as is self employed

seriously why don't you just hold your hands up be honest and re introduce yourself and start a fresh...

everyone has to start somewhere its the obvious lying that's so annoying!!!!:RpS_cursing:

Thinking you got it in for me zombie dunno why can't see what I've said makes you think I'm a liar

listen pal don't play the feeling sorry for yourself/victim card now...you have openly said that you've been plastering 10yrs with your dad and then just asked advice for the most basic of plastering problem for something that I must get at least 5 times a month every month for past 15yrs!!!!

I cant be bothered to carry this on anymore as its boring I just don't appreciate being point blankley lied to and then made out to be the badguy!

all the best zombie

I'm not playing any victim card just don't appreciate being blatantly called a liar .........how have I lied ???? never said you were a bad guy just don't call me a liar

Status
Not open for further replies.