I used some Wickes WBA the other day for frist time

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.p.t plastering

Lovely stuff....But bloody hell it don't go far...And the tubs are only half full....

Why's it so expensive?....

I'd much rather use this than pva...But it's to expensive

its funny how plasterers cant justify using a product thats a few quid more than pva and thats a shame , plumbers look away now

wats the diffrence between wba & pva never used it is it simler to knauf with the grit in that u use on backs ov concret stairs

polyvinyl acetate (PVA - sealing and adhesion)
WBA - its a PVA with grit in it for smooth and very low suction backgrounds, like the thistle bond it.
I sell the thistle bond it at my job for 45 quid + vat, expensive gear, takes 24 hours to dry, but people
swear by it, apparently it helps in cracking, but not sure

i tried bond it a few times and didnt like it. ive used wba a few times now aswell and it pisses all over bond it. it sets quicker and its nicer to skim over. dont know what the price difference is like though

WBA works out more than bond it but I'd rather get WBA it's rockhard in 2hrs
and the customer pays for it anyway :RpS_thumbup:

It's brilliant on walls that have been stripped if there's any paste residue it drys solid over it whereas pva doesn't so you have to wash the walls :RpS_mad:

Last edited:
WBA works out more than bond it but I'd rather get WBA it's rockhard in 2hrs
and the customer pays for it anyway :RpS_thumbup:

It's brilliant on walls that have been stripped if there's any paste residue it drys solid over it whereas pva doesn't so you have to wash the walls :RpS_mad:

hade a look at wba in wickes today same stuff i used on site only 3kg tubs thow going 2 pop in 2 ccf in tipton see how much it is 4 big 25kg tubs :RpS_thumbup:

Which wickes did you go to mate? Cannock? Wolverhampton?
I was at the Cannock one today was gonna leave it till tomorrow but glad I went cause some bloke asked me to go & price some plastering for his mate:RpS_thumbup:

polyvinyl acetate (PVA - sealing and adhesion)
WBA - its a PVA with grit in it for smooth and very low suction backgrounds, like the thistle bond it.
I sell the thistle bond it at my job for 45 quid + vat, expensive gear, takes 24 hours to dry, but people
swear by it, apparently it helps in cracking, but not sure

Dont mix PVA and WBA thats not good... cant remember where I read it but over time the pva breaks it down.

Also PVA revives when it gets wet and WBA doesnt.... so I have to say its nothing like PVA.

Poor some sand in your pva mix next time and see how it will screw you

Danny

Dont mix PVA and WBA thats not good... cant remember where I read it but over time the pva breaks it down.

Also PVA revives when it gets wet and WBA doesnt.... so I have to say its nothing like PVA.

Poor some sand in your pva mix next time and see how it will screw you

Danny

the answer 2 that is sand in pva doesent bond like knauf it scratches your walls 2 death ive done it like a t**t hade 2 reskim the lot when i first started learn from ur mistkes :RpS_lol:

The trouble is, if you try privceing that in to skimming a ceiling it bumps the preice right up....Wish i could use it all the time...

You'd need about 3 tubs to do a average size room, ceiling and walls maybe 4...

i beleive thistle bond it is better price per Msq altough expensive to buy the coverage rate should be better per metre overall matey

Thistle bondit is £36 for ten litres,where wba is £15 for three litres so work that out.

I pay £13.69 for WBA so that works out roughly £45 for 10ltrs
Bond it is cheaper but I'd go for WBA anyday as it's solid in 2hrs unlike the 24hrs with bond it.
That's worth paying the bit extra for it in my opinion.
I get about 15m2 out of a tub of WBA :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.