I priced a job today

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.p.t plastering

It was a fair sized kitched, all crappy artex and a lot of it was back to brickwork...Re-plaster all the ceilings and walls in the kitchen, and re-plaster all the h/s/l which is crappy artex.

I said £750, which he accepted, but don't think he was happy with it..

Do you think that's to expensive?

I always feel a bit guilty, dunno why.

you can only do your best with pricing sometimes , some are easy to price others not so all i will say is , do the best job you can do and price accordingly your not ripping people off just earning a living .

I reckon it's about 4-5 days work plus materials....

I'm worried that if i do it in 3 or 4, he will start moaning about the price....

End of the day a price is a price..

s.p.t plastering said:
I reckon it's about 4-5 days work plus materials....

I'm worried that if i do it in 3 or 4, he will start moaning about the price....

End of the day a price is a price..
swings and roundabouts mate,i bet you have priced up a few jobs down the years and messed up a bit.....dont worry about it...sounds a good price....

you should charge what you think you are worth mate, you can buy a ford car for £100 but you cant buy a 30 year old farari for less than £5000. i charge £2.00 per day and £5.0 for the lad but i believe i am worth that. dont feel guilty! this guy must have bought things before, house, car, shopping..... if he thought it was to much then i am sure he would say no ;)

kirk johnstone said:
you should charge what you think you are worth mate, you can buy a ford car for £100 but you cant buy a 30 year old farari for less than £5000. i charge £2.00 per day and £5.0 for the lad but i believe i am worth that. dont feel guilty! this guy must have bought things before, house, car, shopping..... if he thought it was to much then i am sure he would say no ;)

He looks like he has a few bob to...

Bit of a landlord/property developer...

Fed up of doing jobs cheap, so i thought f**k it.

Yeh too cheap mate. Kirk how come your labourer is on more than you. Plus if those rates are right ive loads I can put your way ;D

Bruce Willis said:
Yeh too cheap mate. Kirk how come your labourer is on more than you. Plus if those rates are right ive loads I can put your way ;D

was thinkin exactly the same. Work for me kirk and I'll sit at home and count my money ;D

Rossi46 said:
Bruce Willis said:

was thinkin exactly the same. Work for me kirk and I'll sit at home and count my money ;D
F**k off Rossi , I saw him first, bloody well poachin my staff! ;D

thought i would play it safe and pop a . in just incase the tax man is on hear. or incase flynny prints the page off and blows me up to the IR&C

Bruce Willis said:
Rossi46 said:
Bruce Willis said:

:D Not a chance! Kirks a rare talent. Kirk 2.51 and a ragni trowel thrown in. How can you refuse ;D

Rossi46 said:
Bruce Willis said:
Rossi46 said:
Bruce Willis said:

:D Not a chance! Kirks a rare talent. Kirk 2.51 and a ragni trowel thrown in. How can you refuse ;D

will i have to work hard though?

Kirk Ill pay you 2.60!!!! :eek:
You can start at anytime as long as you put in a 24hr day oh and as for workin hard , no, a full house a day will suffice.

kirk johnstone said:
thought i would play it safe and pop a . in just incase the tax man is on hear. or incase flynny prints the page off and blows me up to the IR&C

LOL ive printed it off and all your other posts, im gonna make it into a book and in another 50 years some other prIIck might go on a forum, start quoting from this book and make himself sound and look stupid.............. but cant see it, who would be that stupid to quote from a book they dont understand. :)

what gives you the impression that i dont understand? i think it is you that dont understand.

you are just like a little turd that wont flush ain't you :)

kirk johnstone said:
what gives you the impression that i dont understand? i think it is you that dont understand.

keep it up burt it all adds to the book............................ps your thread you started on an easy way to dot and dab gave me the impression you dont understand :)

flynnyman said:
kirk johnstone said:

keep it up burt it all adds to the book............................ps your thread you started on an easy way to dot and dab gave me the impression you dont understand :)

which defiantly proves to me that YOU dont understand. as the title said DOT&dab.... notice the word DOT in the title? my thread told people how to do it. otherwise it would be called a guide to dabbing.

you will get there one day sillyman

kirk johnstone said:
flynnyman said:
kirk johnstone said:

which defiantly proves to me that YOU dont understand. as the title said DOT&dab.... notice the word DOT in the title? my thread told people how to do it. otherwise it would be called a guide to dabbing.

you will get there one day sillyman

yep the books gettin thicker and so are Y*U...................guess the word :)

Status
Not open for further replies.