I may be getting too old ......

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23452

.... for carrying awkward sh1t up stairs, or maybe you're always too old for it?

70mm insulated 8' x 4' boards are not pleasant things to be carrying about on your own on a hot sticky day. Especially up a flight of stairs and trying to make the turn on the landing.

I need to find a cool spot :descansando:

.... for carrying awkward sh1t up stairs, or maybe you're always too old for it?

70mm insulated 8' x 4' boards are not pleasant things to be carrying about on your own on a hot sticky day. Especially up a flight of stairs and trying to make the turn on the landing.

On a serious note, I don't know if it's just the same thickness required when using that @Bauwer light to achieve the same as the insulation boards but got to admit does sound more appealing to load up a machine and pump it up and onto the walls instead obviously if it's a stud wall we're stuffed and still have to lug the b*****d things up there lol

I thought of all people on here you'd have some minions to do that?! Every builder I work for does f**k all!

il rip this c**t out in 2 weeks then onto the next.....
never say die imago x

Attachments

• 20170707_150535.jpg
    20170707_150535.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 361
  • Screenshot_20170707-101832.png
    Screenshot_20170707-101832.png
    2 MB · Views: 286
See this in Aldi today it's a kids play shovel but it's cast iron gonna see if I can use it as a scoop be it rendering or skimming might need a bit of adaption but at £1.99 I thought profile looked like it will work and save my back if it don't I ain't really lost have I just don't fancy paying 39.99 for a scoop from refina
IMG_0729.JPG
IMG_0730.JPG

I thought of all people on here you'd have some minions to do that?! Every builder I work for does f**k all!

According to a certain plasterer (@Nisus ) builders "carry things and make lists". :LOL: Anyway, I'd have more success catching a unicorn than I would getting a decent labourer or apprentice.

On a serious note, I don't know if it's just the same thickness required when using that @Bauwer light to achieve the same as the insulation boards but got to admit does sound more appealing to load up a machine and pump it up and onto the walls instead obviously if it's a stud wall we're stuffed and still have to lug the b*****d things up there lol

Architect spec'd it and BC signed the plans off, neither of whom has to carry the b4starding things up there but it looks fine on paper when you're sat on your 4rse in an air conditioned office.

Used to hate carrying sheets up flights of stairs.... Especially when two sheets were taped together on the short edge??
Anyone remember?

Used to hate carrying sheets up flights of stairs.... Especially when two sheets were taped together on the short edge??
Anyone remember?
Yes i remember . you were considered a bit G** if you could not carry a pack of two up the stairs of a new build on your own .

See this in Aldi today it's a kids play shovel but it's cast iron gonna see if I can use it as a scoop be it rendering or skimming might need a bit of adaption but at £1.99 I thought profile looked like it will work and save my back if it don't I ain't really lost have I just don't fancy paying 39.99 for a scoop from refinaView attachment 18655 View attachment 18656
Billy bullshit with all his gold in Aldi hahahahahaha you been sussed :risas:

See this in Aldi today it's a kids play shovel but it's cast iron gonna see if I can use it as a scoop be it rendering or skimming might need a bit of adaption but at £1.99 I thought profile looked like it will work and save my back if it don't I ain't really lost have I just don't fancy paying 39.99 for a scoop from refinaView attachment 18655 View attachment 18656
sorry mate, but that shadow makes you look like a mad serial killer !!!!
or it looks like you are going round a builders to collect payment ???:sisi:

Mini shovel up date

It only works and what a tool it is perfect to get to the back of the mixer when mixing up rendering to get to the dry bits easier than a big shovel or bucket trowel

Who said plasterers can't be inventive

I bought the Regina scoop when first came out great for the back but gave me tennis elbow...waaaassy to heavy!!!

It was like a scaffold pole welded!!!

I bought the Regina scoop when first came out great for the back but gave me tennis elbow...waaaassy to heavy!!!

It was like a scaffold pole welded!!!
It worked perfect today maybe handle bit to long but I can cut that down but nice and light and found another use for it with the mixer thing happy with my bargain from the poor persons shop

Aldi is full of posh f##kers near me all pulling up in there 4x4s. Thinking there hip cool basjet of veg, flowers and a bottle of red.Tight gits p.off back to m&s.

Aldi is full of posh f##kers near me all pulling up in there 4x4s. Thinking there hip cool basjet of veg, flowers and a bottle of red.Tight gits p.off back to m&s.
I only popped on for a mini shovel and all I get is abuse