i know you will probably call me

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky 10

i have worked for 50 pound per day in the past i have only said it on here because i cant find no work after doing a 2 year course i have done some agy work but not much i have worked for a landlord patching and skimming no other companys will give me a chance so how am i supposed to get experiance i know its s**t money but the tight b*****d has foriegners doing it for that price so how can i say i want 100-150

Last edited:
Get another job. I dont plaster full time but there is no way on gods earth i would plaster for £50 a day. Get a job in local supermarket if things are that quiet

i know mate im still trying to get into the trade i can get a decent finnish but im trying to build speed and gain experiance.

Hi Ricky

Just wanted to add another comment as the first one appeared like i was being rude and i was not.

I assume in this market to get a decent wage you need to stay off site (if your slow) or dont work on do hourly stuff for landlords as a last resort as the agencies will make more fromthe job you than you will. If you do agency work for landlords try and meet landlords direct and give them the business card.
Each local area has a property investors meeting. For a door price of about £10 you will be let loose in a room of around 200 local landlords with your business cards!!!

I only plaster 2/3 times a month as i have another full time job. Why not get a part time job and do plastering full time till you pick up.

You need to market yourself.

Free business cards from vista print and give them to everyone
Ask around through your family and friends. Eventually you will get a job through a contact
You need a website- see danny on this forum!
Get 5000 leaflets donr for around £35 on ebay. CHeap black and white ones and deliver them while your quiet yourself.
Maybe if you can market better a find some decent jobs you can make a contact with a local spread who you can get in on the job to help. He will be glad of the work and you get some advice/guidence.
Printed t shirts and sweatshirts and walk around the diy shops/ sit in the pub
Register online with any free online communities/indexes for free ads
Be cheeky and ask for business

Stay away from £50 a day work as you will *&^* it up for all the other lads asking £120 a day in your area as there will be spreads getting at least double what your getting in your area. If i heard about you if you plastered my friends ceiling for £50 then i would expect the same rate. Its hard then to try and charge £100 if your getting busier and feeling more confident.

Like i said im not a full time plasterer but i do market another business and the rules are the same for any business.

Also wait for the pros on here to help and offer tips.

Sorry for long rant im watching tom and jerry as the kids got me out of bed at 7am and im bored

Good luck:RpS_thumbup:

This is why people want work doing for nothing. Idiots like you working for £50 a day fucks it up for everyone

£50? mate your doing yourself out, plasterers are the most hardworking trade. No other trade will put your body under the amount of strain as plastering. You will be better off getting another job as others have said rather than working for £50, for starters you will get a reputation of being cheap, and the punters will continue demanding them prices.

Either advertise, and get your name around or go find a job elsewhere. Harsh but true.

Yeah just give your price.....If they don't like it **** um...............No way i'd do this game for anything less than £100,

Surely you could earn more at £2 a meter on site, evan if you done 40 meters a day, that's £400 a week.....

After recent events my solicitor has advised me not to comment on the matter until my legal team has arrived. Thank you.

i have no prob with ricky working for 50 its up to him.he s desperate it seems to be a spread and you cant buy experience and tyhe more plastering he does the better it ill serve him in the future.we all knowincluding ricky its a rip off but ..............

No disrespect to the lad but he probs is only worth £50/day. In output and quality. If I want £150/day for a particular job, the lad would probably take 2-3 days to do it. So the price for the job is roughly the same. He's in no way out of order for charging £50/day. It's all he's worth at the moment. Good luck mate

Hi ricky,

let me talk you through it from another angle depending on where you live and the clients status you stand as much chance as loosing as many jobs that you price for then getting by being so ridicously cheap....granted some punters may bite your hand off but i also bet that some if getting a couple or 3 quotes will reflect on your quote and smell inexperiance and to some they would rather pay extra for piece of mind etc.

What you have to do is quote the going rate now assuming your not the fastest which incidently nether am i you take the hit on a lower day rate ie if a living rooms worth for example 350-400 or whatever all in then charge that if you only pick off a couple of walls or so a day but are happy with what you leave but it takes you 4 dyas aposed to an experianced spread 1 day or 2 then fine.

Then your not undervaluing the trade, spreads in your area and ultimately yourself, that way when as you will you pick up speed your not getting referals from peps expecting a stupidly cheap price which theres no way you can live off.

However if your saying that you can bang a room out in a day or 2 and are still charging 50 a day....then god help all of us!

Zombie

How many of you lads who have a labourer with a bit of experience pay him more than 50 a day? Like whats been said the lads probably only worth 50 a day and will probably take twice aslong as someone charging twice as much so will even itself out. The lads been on here a while and has asked for a start on a lot of occasions and is after experience not really in competition and probably couldnt compete with experienced spreads. He is trying to keep in the game in difficult times to get into the trade and if you think you can come into this game and start charging 100 to 150 a day as soon as the course has finished you will become unstuck very soon, so workin for 50 a day with 2 years experience is about right or some would say a good wage for the experience, and can only get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.