i know this is not the place but im after some personal experiance

billcarphead

hi all
I've been a plasterer for 30+ yrs and I've never been told by a client you're not allowed to work on weekends so
I'm after a bit of experience of builders dealing with Planning permissions, I've got my planning application granted and its got a condition in it that says

The applicant is advised that construction works should only be carried out during the hours of 08.00 to 18.00 from Mondays to Fridays; 08.00 to 13.00 on Saturdays; and no work should take place on Sundays or Bank/Public holidays

is this a familiar add on to applications being granted, will this apply to me doing DIY bits or does it apply to having trades in on these restricted times?

any replies will be much appreciated

I’ve had it on a couple of jobs, both avid church goers assumed they’d put it in the spec themselves. Could of been one of the things disputed when you submitted your plans.

hi all
I've been a plasterer for 30+ yrs and I've never been told by a client you're not allowed to work on weekends so
I'm after a bit of experience of builders dealing with Planning permissions, I've got my planning application granted and its got a condition in it that says

The applicant is advised that construction works should only be carried out during the hours of 08.00 to 18.00 from Mondays to Fridays; 08.00 to 13.00 on Saturdays; and no work should take place on Sundays or Bank/Public holidays

is this a familiar add on to applications being granted, will this apply to me doing DIY bits or does it apply to having trades in on these restricted times?

It’s in fact the law with construction work.

hi all

Noones going to care unless you start heavy building work at 7 on a Sunday morning. It's a law everyone ignores

In general yes,but late sat and sun are allowed too
I don’t no if it’s national or county’s but if I swing a hammer on a Sunday on site the council is all over you where all the old biddys and rich people cry.

I don’t no if it’s national or county’s but if I swing a hammer on a Sunday on site the council is all over you where all the old biddys and rich people cry.
If you do domestic the chance to get picked is almost 100%, on sites however, especially at the end of the contract when everything is overdue, it's a different story. Night shift are running too.

This seems bonkers to me , Sunday’s are my most productive days at work but I wouldn’t start working till 8am

Aldi is open Sunday so can’t see why anyone else can’t work ffs

I worked every day pretty much for a year on my place from 7am till 9pm... a job needs doing. I had one complaint and I said fair enough packed the tools up for the day and came the next day and cracked on

I worked every day pretty much for a year on my place from 7am till 9pm... a job needs doing. I had one complaint and I said fair enough packed the tools up for the day and came the next day and cracked on
[/QUOTE
Inconsiderate swine.

I’ve had it once in the Past we were scraping back at 7am in the Morning on a Sunday haha that’s what pillows are for put them over you’re head

update
I called the planning officer and she said whether it's specified or not all permissions are bound by it, so within reason you can work but if your noisy and get complaints they can stop you, but you DIYers fill ya boots