I hate plasterboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie

Private Member
Plasterbord should only be used on ceilings, stud walls and at a push reveals!!!!!!

Im far from old school and don't have a great deal of experience with float and set but when I do I realy, realy enjoy and take great pride in my work and find it genuinely really self satisfying.

Dot and dab on the other hand I absoloutley detest!!!! I just don't get it? unless its dry fixing like ceilings, stud walls etc whats the point???

Your using your dry tool set upplus levels, plus bags, water, mixer, wet tools etc bla bla bla...

Then theres the boards im sorry if im G** but there just ******* heavy/awkward/clumbersome etc...getting them in van in job etc etc

Been dotting last 2 days its driving me mad morning cut pieces number em all like a fukin silly jigsaw then stick in afternoon, then scrim, stale scrim coz scrim fails bla bla bla

Geninley feel for old skool that had this shite thrust upon em an de-skilling there trade

Rant over!!!

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh:RpS_thumbdn:

I don't mind dot and dab every now and then, relaxing

must be me than john....honestly I hate it....don't mind if working with mate ie 1 cutting other behind sticking...

was even thinking today I might only offer float and set from now on and see how it goes down ( domestic only )

Try dabbing some 8x4 Fermacell boards, then come back and tell us plasterboards are heavy.

i feel that you may as well dot and dab when you have plasterboard ceilings and stud walls.
when you change materials to float odd walls, the internals and ceiling lines usually crack,

I don't like dot and dab and prefer s&c any day of the week using s&c i'm …...
attachment.php

Dot& dab a lot easier on your body I remember the days of banging loads of sand & cement all day long on new houses nothing relaxing about that poor old labourer carrying it up stairs all day they def earn there money especially if keeping 2 spreads going . Dot &dab piece of piss

I too hate dot and dab for all the same reasons. Just wish I could cover as many walls a day float n set.

Got to agree with Ashley slamming loads of s&c on all day kills everyone involved dot n dab nice easy rest for everyone find it quite therapeutic but rubbing up s&c at end of day is a good feeling.

Got to agree with Ashley slamming loads of s&c on all day kills everyone involved dot n dab nice easy rest for everyone find it quite therapeutic but rubbing up s&c at end of day is a good feeling.
and dawn all waste

Yes s&c is graft but I love it genuinely do. I hate dry lining! Drywall adhesive f'ing stinks and can't stand it. To get a wall flat and plumb in s&c takes skill what you can't learn in 2weeks which some lads do sticking boards to walls !? Each to their own but I'd choose to spread s&c all day every day compared to dabbing boards

I can do both, in my own house I would always float & set, but fit and dab is, less messy, quicker and cheaper - what the client wants most of the time, in my op.

Sent from my iPhone using The Plasterers Forum

I can do both, in my own house I would always float & set, but fit and dab is, less messy, quicker and cheaper - what the client wants most of the time, in my op.

Sent from my iPhone using The Plasterers Forum

Its not cheaper on materials

Plasterbord should only be used on ceilings, stud walls and at a push reveals!!!!!!

Im far from old school and don't have a great deal of experience with float and set but when I do I realy, realy enjoy and take great pride in my work and find it genuinely really self satisfying.

Dot and dab on the other hand I absoloutley detest!!!! I just don't get it? unless its dry fixing like ceilings, stud walls etc whats the point???

Your using your dry tool set upplus levels, plus bags, water, mixer, wet tools etc bla bla bla...

Then theres the boards im sorry if im G** but there just ******* heavy/awkward/clumbersome etc...getting them in van in job etc etc

Been dotting last 2 days its driving me mad morning cut pieces number em all like a fukin silly jigsaw then stick in afternoon, then scrim, stale scrim coz scrim fails bla bla bla

Geninley feel for old skool that had this shite thrust upon em an de-skilling there trade

Rant over!!!

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh:RpS_thumbdn:

Lol

DD is much quicker and let's be honest, looks the same when it's skimmed. It's normally my preference but I enjoy a bit of floating now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.