i hate artex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmo72

can any of you guys give me advice on mastering skimming over artex .. i can never seem to get it rite .. i must be doing somet wrong but cant put me finger on it .. most of the ceilings i get now are to cover the bloody stuff up today mixed 1st coat up let go off a little then put 2nd and a 3rd coat on . in some spots u could still see the artex pattern underneath should be ok when painted i hope . all advice will be greatfully accepted

Yeah the pattern does come through sometimes, but it dont notice once the paints on it... And thats all that matters.

i always have the mix a bit thicker when skiming over artex.... and lay it on nice and thick.

the pattern might be it drying different times because itll be deaper in areas ......if you do three coat it put a trowel over the first coat then put another trowel over it .......you want the first coat to really pick up so it wont pull the next coat in ......plaster shrinks as it dries so even if you are three coating if it's too wet it'll still pull in together ...........if you lay a nice stiff mix on first coat and let it go so it's got a small amount of moisture left in it you can still get away with two coating

I usually just 2 coat artex ceilings after a good scrape down and if there is any high spots when finished i just go over the ceiling when its hard with the edge ov me trowel, u cant notice any thin once its dried. Lets start a campaign and rid the world of this monstrocity of a finish. :mad:

just needs a good scrapin and 3 coats of multi finish dont trowel up when wet let it dry a bit first then happy days :-*

I always give it a good scrape then put the first coat on nice and thick let it pull in and then put your second coat on as normal and trowel up

Always works for me

i still havn't had the pleasure of skimming over artex i want to tho but will hav to wait till after christmas as that job will be artex 8)

i scrape down the big lumps with my scraper then thick coat of multie then nice smooth coat of multi always love the second coat of plaster makes the job worth doin.

Status
Not open for further replies.