i had a lesson in plastering today

Status
Not open for further replies.

beddy

we're working for a builder at the minute, rip down, board and skim a huge ceiling. he pulls up with fireline boards on his van and i thought nothing of it, got talking to his 18 year old son who works with him and told him we only use fireline when we need to. then said thats all they ever use, even on walls.he said i'm wrong to use normal board most of the time and that fireline are better. when i asked why he said 'cus theyre better' then he said theyre easier to cut and you have less waste. ??? then he told me im wrong for cutting boards with a knife and tape because i wont be able to cut it straight enough ;D i just said oh right, how long have you been plastering then? he still thinks hes right bless him!

i couldnt even be arsed to ask mate. he obviously gets it off his dad cus i asked him why he uses them all the time and he said theyre better and you get less waste ;D

steve cov said:
i couldnt even be arsed to ask mate. he obviously gets it off his dad cus i asked him why he uses them all the time and he said theyre better and you get less waste ;D
but there twice the price ;D

his son is obviously a re***d ;D

tell the thick cvnt to mind his own business.

keep us informed on his views on skimming,might get a few tips ::)

Theres less waste?

I assume these boards regrow themselves after each cut then? Does one board do a whole room?

I think he probably means they are less waste than 6x3's which is probably right and fireline are better than normal plasterboard coz they have a better fire rating and he probably said you cant cut it straight after seeing one of your cuts ;)

make it up make it up make it up as you go along ......they only need to be used per spec flynny tsch

spunky said:
make it up make it up make it up as you go along ......they only need to be used per spec flynny tsch

Yeh i know they only need to be used per spec im saying the kid is right they are better than normal board i wouldnt use them for everything coz of whats been said ie they are too heavy and are more expensive.

theres no mention of 6x3's and as a dryliner you wouldnt want to use firecheck without reason .........everyone else agrees flynny why cant you ::)

nail the little c**t to the floor and torture him over a period of weeks. make his dad watch.

spunky said:
theres no mention of 6x3's and as a dryliner you wouldnt want to use firecheck without reason .........everyone else agrees flynny why cant you ::)

Right spunky get off your horse for one sec, im not disagreeing with anyone im trying to understand what the kid means and why he thinks these things and like what steve said his dad has told him so here we go i will explain it a bit better for you so you dont think im disagreeing.

Lets say his dad said we are using 8x4's coz there is less waste than 6x3's which is fair enough and we are also using firecheck coz they give you more time in a fire, fair enough they are more expensive son but i put it on the price and the customer is happy knowing they may have more time to escape in a fire. I also prefer to cut them with a saw coz its easier than a knife coz the boards are thicker and i find it easier.

You see this way it makes more sense and the kid doesnt sound like a know it all, just what his dad told him and he is passing on the information. Makes more sense now dont you think? xxxx

i didnt even read youre reply you c**t ;D....i read the first line and thought .......hang on wasnt he trying to slag someone off saying he cant cut boards ???...........so get off youre high horse sweetness :-*

flynnyman said:
spunky said:

Right spunky get off your horse for one sec, im not disagreeing with anyone im trying to understand what the kid means and why he thinks these things and like what steve said his dad has told him so here we go i will explain it a bit better for you so you dont think im disagreeing.

Lets say his dad said we are using 8x4's coz there is less waste than 6x3's which is fair enough and we are also using firecheck coz they give you more time in a fire, fair enough they are more expensive son but i put it on the price and the customer is happy knowing they may have more time to escape in a fire. I also prefer to cut them with a saw coz its easier than a knife coz the boards are thicker and i find it easier.

You see this way it makes more sense and the kid doesnt sound like a know it all, just what his dad told him and he is passing on the information. Makes more sense now dont you think? xxxx
go to bed m8 and foget about it

spunky said:
i didnt even read youre reply you (french person) ;D....i read the first line and thought .......hang on wasnt he trying to slag someone off saying he cant cut boards ???...........so get off youre high horse sweetness :-*

Ahhhhhhhhhhh you didnt read my reply now it makes more sense and you mustnt of seen the wink neither :-*

surely it depends what the joists are set out to as to wether there is less waste? and he uses them on the walls aswell. even when dabbing. he was asking me questions when i was skimming the ceiling today. his first question was 'will you get all of this ceiling done today?' his dad had both board finish and multi and he asked how we could use board finish to over skim the walls when there was no boards on the walls? i just said 'cus its better and theres less waste' ;D ;D ;D ;D

steve cov said:
surely it depends what the joists are set out to as to wether there is less waste? and he uses them on the walls aswell. even when dabbing. he was asking me questions when i was skimming the ceiling today. his first question was 'will you get all of this ceiling done today?' his dad had both board finish and multi and he asked how we could use board finish to over skim the walls when there was no boards on the walls? i just said 'cus its better and theres less waste' ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D
Nice one.

flat boy skim said:
steve cov said:
kebab king said:
Thats the trouble with chavs from Coventry, they think there always right.

why do you think we call it chaventry?
because the bednell family live there ???

ha ha ha

actually my cousin did get sent down for selling crack. but he lived in ipswich not cov lol

steve cov said:
Steve they should have gone to spec savers some people are blind to the obvious sometimes regards uncle jim.

jimfish said:
steve cov said:
Steve they should have gone to spec savers some people are blind to the obvious sometimes regards uncle jim.

EEEEEEH Uncle Jim! Where have you been?!

steve cov said:
jimfish said:
steve cov said:

EEEEEEH Uncle Jim! Where have you been?!
steve ive been really busy building extentions under building control at the moment from wolverhamton and there like the football team f**king hard work hows coventry these days

Status
Not open for further replies.