I give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
My day so far

been to a kids christening party

kids entertainer shows up. Old bloke bout 60. Sets up his lights,disco ,snow machine and starts playing kids games few give away toys for the kids. Every half hr he gets himself a pint and helps himself to the,buffet.

he was good but it's hardly work. Mate of mine was hosting the party. Tells me the entertainer charges £365 for 3.5 hr gig.

This morning I price a job. One days graft for two spreads, re skim with coving. Priced at £120 per spread plus mats..

bloke never even replied to my message?

really what,gives?

lol tbf windy can u think of anything more stressfull that dealing with kids foooook that!!!

ref your pricing-if your not getting good leads as in repeat work/referalls then its just a mugs game...I thankfully don't advertise so whenever my phone rings the customers is already talking to me by my first name etc.

Likewise I have a friend who has only been going a couple of yrs on his own and its all advertise work and his leads to confirmed bookings are shocking if the customer doesn't know someone it seems that they have a minimum of 3-5 people regardlee of just a poxy 10m2 lid!!

chin up bud:RpS_thumbup:

Tbh we do tiling as well ive noticed that the lead to job ratio is higher. Better rates and a nicer pace of work.. prob gonna go down that road more

My day so far

kids entertainer shows up. Old bloke bout 60. Sets up his lights,disco ,snow machine and starts playing kids games few give away toys for the kids. Every half hr he gets himself a pint and helps himself to the,buffet.

he was good but it's hardly work. Mate of mine was hosting the party. Tells me the entertainer charges £365 for 3.5 hr gig.

This morning I price a job. One days graft for two spreads, re skim with coving. Priced at £120 per spread plus mats..

really what,gives?

Seeing a smile on your kids face / having the other kids go home and say how boss it was

V's

Some plastering

Which one do you think people is more worthy?

Sad state like but it is what it is. Some people Are all about the show.

I see what your saying Zombie. Its a lot easier pricing when youre recommended. Ive seen a lot of customers getting multiple quotes before deciding who to employ, usually the cheapest wins.
Not easy when you have overheads to cover. Being established means being able to hold your prices that bit higher.

I agree we quoted a refferal on fri. Gave price and woman just said great. When can u start... but it cant all be like that can it??

Priced three privates recently,not heard a thing back, part of the game, lots of cheap lads out there still

I'm finding the opposite, put me prices up £25 a day bout a month ago and started getting more of them. Cos I'm booked up I've been putting a further £25 a day on. 2 calls this morning, both go aheads on full house o/skims :RpS_thumbsup:

On the downside starter motor on van went (again) :RpS_cursing: So praying it'll get fixed tomorrow, having to start working Sundays from now on in :RpS_mad:

My day so far

really what,gives?

I know what you mean, makes you wonder who is the clown!!

I'm finding the opposite, put me prices up £25 a day bout a month ago and started getting more of them. Cos I'm booked up I've been putting a further £25 a day on. 2 calls this morning, both go aheads on full house o/skims :RpS_thumbsup:

On the downside starter motor on van went (again) :RpS_cursing: So praying it'll get fixed tomorrow, having to start working Sundays from now on in :RpS_mad:
We put our prices up as well ,still seems to be coming in ,easy to drop them if it slows down ,always keep the regulars on the same ,just upped the new leads

Day works not a bother, talking about the ,pulling ceilings down and renewing etc

Day works not a bother, talking about the ,pulling ceilings down and renewing etc

Not daywork, I give prices on all jobs but how much I earn per day has been upped by £50 a day in last 6 weeks. Make hay while the sun shines, I know I'll struggle again sooner or later

i was plastering in a church one weekend when there was a kids party on with a kids entertainer, not only was he getting double what we was earning he was also booked up six months in advance , funny hearing what the kids were calling him though

A couple lads round here are very popular seen them A few times at kids parties and £150 for the hour and usually they have just come from one party and are going to another after the party I'm at, good money for making swords and dogs out of balloons.

pg-34-chuckle-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.