i done a bad skim job on my ceiling. can it be saved ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack jones

I have skimmed a few walls in my house that come up good so i decided to try my ceiling the room is big and was to much for me. So i done the best i could. Only today it looks a mess uneven holes and smear marks. Can i go over this with some thing else or would i have to take it down. Also if i can sand it could i just fill the craters with multi finish. Thanks.

give it a coat of paint and the see how it looks :D I would not skim it again as you probably wont make it any better...

Get a sanding block and some easi fil and take your time and you can make it look perfect again :D

Just pay a professional to do it properly for god sake !!! :cachetada:
Why reply with a cocky attitude mate ?. Isnt this forum supposed to help ppl find solutions ?. I got my diploma but didnt feel i was good enough or fast enough so i thought i would practice on my own house so if you havent got nothing constructive to say go troll some one elses post and get off your high horse you bell end

give it a coat of paint and the see how it looks :D I would not skim it again as you probably wont make it any better...

Get a sanding block and some easi fil and take your time and you can make it look perfect again :D
Thanks danny i was thinking along them lines.

If you decide for sanding make sure you have the right machine for it. Heard them festool are the best.

Why reply with a cocky attitude mate ?. Isnt this forum supposed to help ppl find solutions ?. I got my diploma but didnt feel i was good enough or fast enough so i thought i would practice on my own house so if you havent got nothing constructive to say go troll some one elses post and get off your high horse you bell end
f**k**g prick
download (69).jpg

@Marshy did give you a solution. Nothing you do to fix the ceiling will give as good a finish as a time served plasterer

Sounds like you've done that a few times Dan :rolleyes:

Paint it and try skimming it again then,
Only thing is if you couldn't get round it first time probably won't be able to get round it at second attempt.
I not being funny just honest

Rip it all down only this time when you have the boards leaning against the wall, cut them to size and skim them all while their not on the ceiling. That way you'll get a nice finish then screw them all up :reloco:

Wish I could still do this at houses think it was an art in itself and covered up any crap bits

I dont give a f**k how good he is at that. The c**ts wearing leather f**k**g flipflops

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

20 mins in 10 inch rose comb ...proper job
Absolute beauty
Then 6.5 inch comb
Then 3.5 inch

Class

you could move house(y).....or just easi fill th b'jesus out of it.

a man of experience :inocente: :inocente:

I agree with marshy but don't take it to heart.
This is a forum and sometime we don't like to here the truth.
We all have all made a bit of a mess of something in our learning time.
So my advice is stand up brush off and move on to the next challange

Two coats of wallpaper(y).
Scratch on with 1000 gauge lining paper and lay in with some good quality wood chip:sisi:....
your welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.