Hydrualic Lime Render suitable instead of Renovating Plaster

Members online

No members online now.

FreeD

Private Member
Victorian property...

Damp caused by leaking downpipe...gutter fixed, wall drying out.

My only concern is if there are any salts as the walls dry out will they come to the surface and spoil decoration if hydraulic lime render is used?

Cheers

Victorian property...

Damp caused by leaking downpipe...gutter fixed, wall drying out.

My only concern is if there are any salts as the walls dry out will they come to the surface and spoil decoration if hydraulic lime render is used?

Cheers
Just keep brushing the salts off till they stop forming. Save you hacking off the lime plaster that's all ready on. You should be using lime anyway instead of renovating plaster cos it's cement based. It's basically just a 6/1/1 with salt inhibitors

Just keep brushing the salts off till they stop forming. Save you hacking off the lime plaster that's all ready on. You should be using lime anyway instead of renovating plaster cos it's cement based. It's basically just a 6/1/1 with salt inhibitors

Sand and cement backing coat to be removed. I know about renovating plaster thanks...

Need to prevent salts coming back through as you know as brickwork still damp as you know as brick work dries salts can form on render. Want to prevent them coming through, will be using lime render. Never heard of unilit.....what's the make up? is it possible to make something similar with NHL5...is there a certain additive or sand?

You could use anti sulphate if your hacking off. Personally I would just keep brushing off the salts till the wall dries. If you've stopped the ingress of water it will be fine.

You could use anti sulphate if your hacking off. Personally I would just keep brushing off the salts till the wall dries. If you've stopped the ingress of water it will be fine.

Ok thanks I will use anti sulphate...was just under the understanding that salts could continue to be deposited on the surface of the render as the wall dried out...didn't want to spoil decoration

Ok thanks I will use anti sulphate...was just under the understanding that salts could continue to be deposited on the surface of the render as the wall dried out...didn't want to spoil decoration
First 12 months always temporary dec

Sand and cement backing coat to be removed. I know about renovating plaster thanks...

Need to prevent salts coming back through as you know as brickwork still damp as you know as brick work dries salts can form on render. Want to prevent them coming through, will be using lime render. Never heard of unilit.....what's the make up? is it possible to make something similar with NHL5...is there a certain additive or sand?

Unilit 30 is specially made for the job the salts crystallise within the pore structure of the mortar stopping them coming to the surface.
Telling lime products make this
Also l*m*-g***n do one called Ultra although I'm not familiar with this product