How would you undercoat this wall?

Archiethere

Hello, I’m looking for some help, if anybody could point me in the right dissection that would be great as I’m going round in circles online. We removed tiles from our kitchen wall the other day and half the wall came down, down to the bare brick. I’ve patched these however the wall is still quite uneven and there are bits of render missing. I believe the parts where the render is missing to be high suction as I’ve tested this a few times. Firstly do I need to undercoat this? If so would I have to use hardwall or bonding? Or am I completely off and I need to do something else?

Attachments

• 8E95E0DD-FF9F-4E2A-8BBD-1641456FA4FB.jpeg
    8E95E0DD-FF9F-4E2A-8BBD-1641456FA4FB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 256
I’d make sure anything loose is off,then pva or grit it.If it’s very bad bond it out and check with a straight edge and then skim it.Or you could stick p board on then mushroom it and skim.

• Agree
Reactions: Djr
Hello, I’m looking for some help, if anybody could point me in the right dissection that would be great as I’m going round in circles online. We removed tiles from our kitchen wall the other day and half the wall came down, down to the bare brick. I’ve patched these however the wall is still quite uneven and there are bits of render missing. I believe the parts where the render is missing to be high suction as I’ve tested this a few times. Firstly do I need to undercoat this? If so would I have to use hardwall or bonding? Or am I completely off and I need to do something else?

I'd blue grit that then bond it, then skim it.

I love jobs like that - looks a mess but it's not hard to sort out.

Plasterers need to feed their children as well you know!!

I wish I could afford one, believe me. It would make my life a lot simpler. We’ve been having our kitchen extended for the best part of 2 months, to cut a long story short we’ve ran into lots of unexpected costs so we’ve spent all our money and maxed out the credit card. New kitchen is sat waiting in my living and dining room waiting to go in so I need to get this done ASAP else I’ll be eating micro meals for the foreseeable. But yes, a plaster would be lovely!

I wish I could afford one, believe me. It would make my life a lot simpler. We’ve been having our kitchen extended for the best part of 2 months, to cut a long story short we’ve ran into lots of unexpected costs so we’ve spent all our money and maxed out the credit card. New kitchen is sat waiting in my c

I wish I could afford one, believe me. It would make my life a lot simpler. We’ve been having our kitchen extended for the best part of 2 months, to cut a long story short we’ve ran into lots of unexpected costs so we’ve spent all our money and maxed out the credit card. New kitchen is sat waiting in my c
It’s truly sad how something SO important as good Plastering can get overlooked in a budget!

Yip they'd rather be fleeced for a fancy kitchen full of gadgets they don't need or use to their full potential, cooing over some tap that does sparkling water while the walls and ceilings wouldn't look out of place on the outside of an African mud hut.
Absolute madness mate! We are the only trade that can turn a complete shithole back into a perfect room.

Absolute madness mate! We are the only trade that can turn a complete shithole back into a perfect room.
Problem is I think we make it look pretty easy. Bathroom fitter today couldn't believe what I was charging to skim the room (slap abit of plaster on, in his words), and said he was going to do a day course so he could do the plastering in the bathrooms in future...

They're quite happy to see every Tom, Dick and Borat knock seven bells out of the walls and end up doing it themselves cos they go without their new internet oven.

Problem is I think we make it look pretty easy. Bathroom fitter today couldn't believe what I was charging to skim the room (slap abit of plaster on, in his words), and said he was going to do a day course so he could do the plastering in the bathrooms in future...
That bloke sounds like a complete and utter arsehole mate!

That bloke sounds like a complete and utter arsehole mate!
He was actually alright but just couldn't see the skill needed to do it. I imagine some customers are the same when it comes to plastering

Yip they'd rather be fleeced for a fancy kitchen full of gadgets they don't need or use to their full potential, cooing over some tap that does sparkling water while the walls and ceilings wouldn't look out of place on the outside of an African mud hut.
That's spot on

He was actually alright but just couldn't see the skill needed to do it. I imagine some customers are the same when it comes to plastering
Sorry but in my book from what you’ve said that blokes a knob especially for not acknowledging the skill set that spreads have.

Bit like your Motherwell tenement

Sorry but in my book from what you’ve said that blokes a knob especially for not acknowledging the skill set that spreads have.
I've had plumbers say what a neat job I've done then get my number off me. So clearly a knob, most other trades that care about there work/trade recognize a good job from other trades.

You dont go.to homebargains or b n m then

I'm not kidding when I say I own f**k all you know.

Why would I go to some shitty sale to buy stuff I don't need cheaper than usual?
I still wouldn't need it if they were giving it away.

I've never owned much more than I can Carry. Probably never will.

15790396592976770169236489175292.jpg

I wish I could afford one, believe me. It would make my life a lot simpler. We’ve been having our kitchen extended for the best part of 2 months, to cut a long story short we’ve ran into lots of unexpected costs so we’ve spent all our money and maxed out the credit card. New kitchen is sat waiting in my living and dining room waiting to go in so I need to get this done ASAP else I’ll be eating micro meals for the foreseeable. But yes, a plaster would be lovely!
Some of those microwave meals are nice from marks and Spencer’s of coarse :popcorn:

if just skimming half a day course should suffice.