How would you tackle this?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1988

Just wondering what peoples thoughts were for this hall cupboard. Obviously the damage is quite bad from shelves been taken out etc. not sure if this image will upload properly

If theres room i reckon it would be best to batten, board and skim. Makes it easier to get round all the cables

Get the sh!t off the walls and dab some boards on it. Chase the cables in above the door and overskim - after applying some plasprime or similar :RpS_thumbup:

First strip the rest of that woodchip off, then pva the whole lot, use bonding for the patching up, fill level, then when it's set pva walls again & skim it.

You could wet the old bricks first & use browning or hardwall instead but chances are it'll crack on the edges where it meets the old skim, up to you.

do you really need to wait until bonding is completely set before applying multi finish? and would you just fill gaps with bonding or cover whole wall?

haha i am now... yeah i think you are right it would defo be better but i am doing it for a favour for someone and was hoping to get it all done in 1 day

haha i am now... yeah i think you are right it would defo be better but i am doing it for a favour for someone and was hoping to get it all done in 1 day

Wait for the bonding to change colour and firm up, give it a key and then skim :)

do you really need to wait until bonding is completely set before applying multi finish? and would you just fill gaps with bonding or cover whole wall?

Just whack a heater in there while you got to the cafe :RpS_thumbsup:
be ready when you get back, just wait till it turns dark brown mate.
Yes just fill them flush with existing wall no need for bonding on the whole wall,
2 coats of skim job done.

Ps I'll do it for you if you want but not on a metre rate :RpS_unsure:

Last edited:
You could batten, board and skim in a day piece of pisss. Morning to batten and board, afternoon to skim, done by 3.00 happy days. Or Bubbles method of dot and dab equally as good and just as easy to get done in a day!!!!!!

Or as barryed says DONT DO FECKING FAVOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!

what can i say barryed i am too nice lol

that snds like a plan nisus. and as for your metre rate will a score cover it inc materials lolol.

Mix your bonding with cement in the mix, have a sandwich ,cup of tea, pva the rest,skim it all, go home ,less than five hrs

How about build a stud wall infront of each wall then insulate it inbetween the studs then screw some insulated plasterboard for extra warmth then skim it :rolleyes)

You could also run some nice cornice in situ, look well smart then mate :RpS_thumbup:

dot n dab like everyone else,

why would you batten it????

Quick, clean and easy. Would take an hour tops to batten that cupboard out with no mess and then board and skim. easy peasy. But.....i'm not trying to say that dot and dab is a bad thing at all. Just battens would be my way of doing it

How about build a stud wall infront of each wall then insulate it inbetween the studs then screw some insulated plasterboard for extra warmth then skim it :rolleyes)

You could also run some nice cornice in situ, look well smart then mate :RpS_thumbup:

Look out........ i see the makings of a building inspector here!!!!

yea sound mike, everyones got their own ways.

id find it easier to dab myself but can see yr point from a novices point of view with the clenliness etc (not you the op)

Status
Not open for further replies.