How would you tackle these corners

Alright :)

I have to get this wrapped up in the next couple of weeks...

20190501_174511.jpg

My head is saying use beads and chop the render back but something is telling me to not use beads...

What would you do?

I am cutting out the timber tomorrow and then re doing the inside as that timber goes all the way through...

Are you resurfacing the wall to fix the crack as well?

As it is I'd cut a piece of wood 1/2" smaller than the finished level of render (wall level and window return) wrap in tar paper, bend lath over it nice and tight so it gives your corner some strength and shape, secure it to the framing, then scratch and brown it in using a box rod to make a nice sharp corner.

From the crap pic you see the way they fitted a bit of pvc with the lip around the quoin on the right. Do that right around forming a pvc architreve like a picture frame around it.

As it is I'd cut a piece of wood 1/2" smaller than the finished level of render (wall level and window return) wrap in tar paper, bend lath over it nice and tight so it gives your corner some strength and shape, secure it to the framing, then scratch and brown it in using a box rod to make a nice sharp corner.
And now in English please ....lol

The way the render looks chopped and the crack suggests renew the render as its loose

I am not hacking the whole render off as firstly it's a commercial rental and because its round the back of the building that only I have access to :)

May also be bull dozing the whole lot in 10 years as well :)

Whats a box rod?

Fair enough you want to patch
I'd take a further 6" off so the join is in a more stable part of the wall
Fill the crack
Mesh the corner 8" L shape
Stop end for shadow gap , silicon fill after , water ingress protection

I am not hacking the whole render off as firstly it's a commercial rental and because its round the back of the building that only I have access to :)

May also be bull dozing the whole lot in 10 years as well :)
If it's getting bulldozed just skim it :ROFLMAO:

If it’s your own building and your not fussed on how it looks why not just point up from the edge of the existing render to the frame on an angle straight across, like they do in old cottages

If it’s your own building and your not fussed on how it looks why not just point up from the edge of the existing render to the frame on an angle straight across, like they do in old cottages

I like a challenge....

The building is rented to a building surveyor

Alright :)

I have to get this wrapped up in the next couple of weeks...

View attachment 34608

My head is saying use beads and chop the render back but something is telling me to not use beads...

What would you do?

I am cutting out the timber tomorrow and then re doing the inside as that timber goes all the way through...
try fixing some mesh then finish with a bullnose instead of square angle /only a suggestion

Scabble abit more render off and raised band it. At least it won’t look like a patch then. Grind any cracks wider knock some flexible tile adhesive up and point them up with a mortar gun fine nozzel. Allow to pull in for 30-40 mins and scrape the excess off and wipe over with a damp sponge.

Hmmm? Bead or not to bead that is the question?? Lol. There’s lots of different ways to hit that mate, just go with what suits you best geez! (y) Old school or new?

First lick of paint... the general condition of the render I painted over was ok but not great....

The guttering is being ripped down then a fascia board fitted and new guttering....
20190615_115112.jpg

Ideally I would have gone over the whole wall with a tight coat of filler but reality is it is a rental and it is only me that can see it so not bothered :)

could have trimmed around the window with pvc archo slightly wider than render then just fill in to trim flush

20171129_103326.jpg

this was before with all the rotten steels and the kknackered stairs....

I don't really like the new stairs but when the middle flat changes his outbuilding then the old stairs would look stupid