How would you advise on this render

Members online

Olican

Private Member
A client has rung asking advice about the render on their new persimmon home, they are concerned that the ghosting and if this could cause problems down the line. How would you advise?
@Dansouthcoast84 @Rigsby

Screenshot_20200221-105340.png
Screenshot_20200221-105335.png

what is that crack down the gable ? surely they did not put a stop bead on that little wall .

A client has rung asking advice about the render on their new persimmon home, they are concerned that the ghosting and if this could cause problems down the line. How would you advise?
@Dansouthcoast84 @Rigsby

View attachment 45139View attachment 45140
Could be the block work was soaking wet when applied. Its sucking more on the mortar joints hence the block work affect, or to thin, I’ll live in Barett home and see loads of this on my estate it’s shocking, can’t beat good old sand and cement done properly

Personally I think something hasn't been done to the correct spec or there wouldn't be this ghosting. Whether it's the render being too thin or the blockwork not having been allowed to cure/dry before rendering, it's still the responsibility of the builder IMO. And probably wouldn't take a lot of proving.

Clemo.s got a therory on this .
It's not a theory we have tested it. To mush plasticiser in the brickies mix will make it happen. Render on to Tin can make it happen to or the block joints holding water when rendered can to. A good scud coat can help stop it. But if it's full of concentrated fab it's a c**t.

It's not a theory we have tested it. To mush plasticiser in the brickies mix will make it happen. Render on to Tin can make it happen to or the block joints holding water when rendered can to. A good scud coat can help stop it. But if it's full of concentrated fab it's a c**t.
That's really interesting Keith, I've always been really really particular with my render mixes, everything always measured and gauged. Always consider the substrate and it's strength. I think a lot has been lost with mortar work; when you see a lab throwing Feb in with no thought :rayos: