How We All Doing For Work Lads?

Members online

Yeah not a great start 2017 but bits coming in now saying that I remember a few years back thinking itll be OK something will come in any day now ......it was flipping march when I finally got a job and then the flipping prick knocked me !!!!!

Worked right up until just before christmas. January has been slow as expected February looking decent.

Boss had to turn a house away today, don't have the time to do it. Seems busy nuff, usually January is kina slowish, but we've couple big jobs on, and few wee ones to toodle at as well coming up.

I had said in a previous thread about ex employers s**t wages and rates, found out he's offering 2700 for an 1800square foot house, less tax, and he tells u the rates as if they are good, and he's doing u a favour. I don't know what yous mens prices are like, but If it was me pricing it I'd want near 4.5,i think the downstairs was 3m ceilings... It gave me a chuckle anyways when I heard it, doubt il be ringin him to sub work anytime in the near future. Lol

Now January is almost out the way how all you lot looking for the upcoming year?

I wont lie January has been a bit of a washout for me, been filling in days hre and there and earnt enough but definitely a few ££ down over he 3/4 months up towards the end of last year.

Not complaining though managed to sort a few things around the house and spend some time with the family, we have another baby boy due next week so been nice to sort of chill out when I can.

Had a job cancelled on me next week but luckily had a few jobs I juggled around to bring the week back together.

From February 6th its all systems go for 5 weeks hole house with a big wrap round extension to do inside and out so looking forward to that, should hopefully give my phone a chance to ring.

Do have a rendering job coming up too but that's around ate march/april time just waiting on dates.

How you lads finding it?

Thought you did subbing aswell? Not doing that anymore?

January has been pretty steady actually full weeks worth of jobs last week couple of jobs week before. couple more nxet week. and pricing a fair bit.

Last year i had 1 job in january i think, so not bad. Hopefully be another busy year though.

Got s**t loads. Started a large dormer bungalow conversion on Friday, then got a huge grand design type house to do. Need a holiday after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same as was 2016! Been working 6&7 day weeks. Took yesterday off and felt the burn out again. Fell asleep 3 times yesterday. Coming to an end of one job this wknd and straight nto another i need to finish. After that, ive 2 large stone gables to do then to stone a large garage. Have to screed a downstairs hose, sheet a garage roof then a kitchen revamp. HAve lots priced and about 8 numbers to ring bout pricing. As you can see, mental! Soon as i get this one and next stone job out of the way, im winding it back abit and doing it whenever suits me. Reason why im busting my balls out was wanting to buy a wee cottage as a dooer upper but seems the more im working, the more im spending somewhere and i havent a f**k**g clue where it is lol. Ive busted my balls of last year and ive less money than what i started with in jan 2016. Mental!

Seems like my phone still likes to ring even when the diary says no!

Not had a January like this for a good few years. Looking at things at the minute I'm more or less booked until March and could probably fill another diary at this rate.

Any good lads near Doncaster?
Could probably give a couple of weeks work out.

Mind you, you know what customers are like knocking back after they've booked so nothings really booked in until you've started it

Was so busy set, Oct and Nov that I couldn't be that arse in Dec. Even played Santa's for schoolkids, twice. Dint really want to go back but lifted my first Trowel for payment on Friday . have been doing eem41. Got a few week booked in at the moment. But it's possible I'll send my lads then just come home and play scrabble on phone or summat. I know I've got a few big jobs coming this year.

I`m doing okay for a January, but none of it`s my own...

Mr HMRC wants his Tax and NI
Mr Lawyer wants his divorce fee
Mr Mechanic is MOTing the van end of the month
Mrs wants a ring to make her a real "Mrs" (but when will I learn?? - see "Mr Lawyer" above!!)
Miss Daughter is 19 tomorrow and learning to drive

My old Dad says "you could be shovelling pound coins all day, but at the end of the day you`d still be a shovel short"

I`m doing okay for a January, but none of it`s my own...

Mr HMRC wants his Tax and NI
Mr Lawyer wants his divorce fee
Mr Mechanic is MOTing the van end of the month
Mrs wants a ring to make her a real "Mrs" (but when will I learn?? - see "Mr Lawyer" above!!)
Miss Daughter is 19 tomorrow and learning to drive

My old Dad says "you could be shovelling pound coins all day, but at the end of the day you`d still be a shovel short"
Sounds like the Gyp prime of your life

Gypsnorter

I'm booked into march but filled mybuilder bumf in last night, also did checkatrade but they want £786 Inc vat - f**k that! How do you find mybuilder?
I love it, probably accounts for 70% of my work....i like that you get an initial message for free, you can give dates your free etc and if they dont suit the customer they dont shortlist and it dont cost anything...i looked at ratedpeople and seems terrible...monthly fee, have to buy the lead before contact and customers set the budget which 90% of the time are stupid...chap wanted full 3 bed house reskim and his budget was £1000:)

I have done ok for the last 3 years in January but this year I have one wall to mono thats it. Nothing for February either. So doing a rental house up. Lad is busy but I am not earning anything.

Bit fed up of rendering in winter though. Glad to have a break from it.

Yeah rendering in this weather must be a right arse ache you just never know what weather gonna do

I have done ok for the last 3 years in January but this year I have one wall to mono thats it. Nothing for February either. So doing a rental house up. Lad is busy but I am not earning anything.

Bit fed up of rendering in winter though. Glad to have a break from it.

@Rigsby are you that quiet through choice or because the phones quiet?

@Rigsby are you that quiet through choice or because the phones quiet?

The phone is busy but as usual they are planning for April onwards.

Fell for that trick many times. They ring you in winter giving you the impression that they want it doing soon then you quote cheap in desperation and hear nothing until April. Before you know it the winter enquiries have you booked up for spring so you start your high season off at low season rates.

Now summer rates all year round.

Not complaining, I have the best time of year to do a major refurb on a rental. Hopefully some higher rent income and capital gain. Tax releif as well. Got a family keen to move in.

I love it, probably accounts for 70% of my work....i like that you get an initial message for free, you can give dates your free etc and if they dont suit the customer they dont shortlist and it dont cost anything...i looked at ratedpeople and seems terrible...monthly fee, have to buy the lead before contact and customers set the budget which 90% of the time are stupid...chap wanted full 3 bed house reskim and his budget was £1000:)
Might have been a dolls house......:p

The phone is busy but as usual they are planning for April onwards.

Fell for that trick many times. They ring you in winter giving you the impression that they want it doing soon then you quote cheap in desperation and hear nothing until April. Before you know it the winter enquiries have you booked up for spring so you start your high season off at low season rates.

Now summer rates all year round.

Not complaining, I have the best time of year to do a major refurb on a rental. Hopefully some higher rent income and capital gain. Tax releif as well. Got a family keen to move in.

Oh glad to hear that its through choice, and yes absoloutly correct about people trying to nail you down for price in winter with a view of not wanting the work until summer etc!

They forget that some of us have been around the block a few times!

Very busy, site work 5 days a week. A new build on Saturdays. then thin coat k rend on sunday mornings.

The weather this winter is the best I can remember so far for years
Doing thin coat work no problem at all.
Cold mornings but no bother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a frame of 1 day I just went to zero from hero. Had 3 tasty jobs booked in, 2 cancelled yesterday 1 this morning, and all 3 down to tenants.

I'm Just feckin about in the sun:descansando:
IMG_5285.JPG
:burlas:

Last edited: