how to stop the mess

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
mate you wouldn believe the mess from spraying especially reveals. Add to this the fact that the hose always gets caught on something or the scaffold is too close to the wall for the correct angle and you realise masking is essential. spend time on this and it will reward you with better results.....as no matter how good your work is....if you've sprayed next doors cat and the owners underwear on the clothes line it kind of holds you finish back a bit lol :D

dont listen to the above two posts ...... just bang it on, cover the windows the lot then spend 2 days cleaning them.

thats what we do

difference between a mint, sharp job and an ok one.......put your angles around the windows and plumb up stop beads that butt up to the window in line with your angle beads....then use a waffle plane to scratch them back. neater, more visually satisfying and gives you a nice edge to mask to when covering the windows. :)

goody said:
difference between a mint, sharp job and an ok one.......put your angles around the windows and plumb up stop beads that butt up to the window in line with your angle beads....then use a waffle plane to scratch them back. neater, more visually satisfying and gives you a nice edge to mask to when covering the windows. :)

I put beads round the windows now and it is much nicer, only reason i started was because the ingo's(reveals) were sometimes cracking due to the amount of movement in some pvc windows with expansion and contraction due to heat. Now i use a 6mm spacer (my eye normally does though) then when job's done there's a nice edge for the sealant.

the more i think about it the more i wish i had stop beaded the windows now ..... to late though as i had to order the cream beads in so no time now .....

naz said:
hows ur machine rich?

he is doing very well thanks naz sat in my cental heated garage looking pretty.

I am using it for the first time on monday ... if its not to cold, they give low's of -2

we sprayed in a snow storm today, never seen anything like it. couldnt see stu on the scaffold so it must have been bad ;D ;D ;D

I dunno though naz cause its -2 overnight now and the water butt's arnt freezing over just a light frost. The problem is I am on a tight schedule with this house I have to finish it before I go on holiday so I will probably just go for it

shouldnt be 2 bad we been spraying render all week apart from 2day, it will be fine. where u off 2?

simplybesty said:
we sprayed in a snow storm today, never seen anything like it. couldnt see stu on the scaffold so it must have been bad ;D ;D ;D
Paul we got caught in that bout 4.30 , f'cking funny agent started panicing told us to stop spraying,lol little bit too late. ;D

richardbrown said:
dont listen to the above two posts ...... just bang it on, cover the windows the lot then spend 2 days cleaning them.

thats what we do

I do that but I dont bother cleaning the windows :)

go home A1060 i think, go through couple of villages leaden roding and another i cant remember, theres quite a few buildings with pagetting been done ,they look stunning real top job.

Status
Not open for further replies.