how to solve problem of damp walls(which plaster)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDYOWL

alright people im new to this site and relatively new to plastering,got a job to do round a chimney breast,which has damp problems .they had it plastered 1 year ago with sand and cement and multi finish top coat but has blown again they say they had damp proofing done .most of my plastering has been dry lining and re skims so my knowledge of this area is minimum.is there a process of a certain chemical i can put on first and which would be the best plaster to put on any ideas would be most gratefull,cheers

little known fact, brush some piss onto the damp areas and something in the urine kills the probem.

chimney Breast are difficult things to cure. It is best if you can open them right up and injest the back wall and sides of the breast on the inside. I would use a damp cream product and antisulphate on the walls and use a backing plaster plaster made for this work. Also worth checking to see if the pot needs capping.

Henry the damp cream contains a high content of ammonia hence beddys answer 90% of spreads will piss in a bottle and carry it in a bucket and apply it ......2 coats and apply limelight when tacky

Feck me spunk are you taking the piss LOL, What does the piss do to the walls is it thixotropic like the cream. When does piss go tacky on a wall.

You need to treat any soot deposits with an anti-sulphate Hey'di System - Tanking after removing as much as you can with a stiff brush, then prime the affected areas(9:1 water/sbr wash down) and coat with a modified render using 4 parts water to 1 sbr as your gauging mix (you could give it a slurry coat of sbr and cement mix first to effectively tank the area, then render whilst tacky) also using a sulphate resisting cement , skim when set , there is loads of info on modifying your renders and tanking in the newbie section, do a search you will find all the info you need

Henry when you get stung by a jellyfish you're pores on you're skin open which let's you're skin breathe and increases the spread of the toxin that's why you're supposed to piss on the wound to seal it till you get to hospital urine was used up until the 70's as a waterproofing agent, My old boss has got gallons of horses piss in the yard which apparently contains small traces of oats which acts as a key also

well you live and learn spunky horse piss used waterproofing agent. I have heard of horse piss used in lime aswell as cow s**t but not in dpc works.

Henry when you get stung by a jellyfish you're pores on you're skin open which let's you're skin breathe and increases the spread of the toxin that's why you're supposed to piss on the wound to seal it till you get to hospital urine was used up until the 70's as a waterproofing agent, My old boss has got gallons of horses piss in the yard which apparently contains small traces of oats which acts as a key also

ee lad, get yersen off ow'er t'hill an' go'an sit farmer fer sum oss piss, urry up lad its goin off tha knows! :RpS_crying:

dont see that on heartbeat do ya? :-0

Anti- sulphite, cement slurry coat, Renderlite base coat, Renderlite finish coat is the system we use at work, you could also throw in a sbr/k11 slurry coat in after the cement coat for extra protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.