How to get work on a site?

Members online

rich1983

Hi all.

Probably the wrong place to post this but I am wondering how I find work plastering on a site? I've been domestic plastering for the last twelve months and I'd like to try some mindless skimming on board for a bit for the experience but not being from a trades background I've never even been on a proper building site, only small sites where I've done jobs for builders etc.

Any tips? I realise I need the CSCS thing but what's after that? Do I ring Barrett homes and ask them if they've got a bit of work to do?!?!

I'm in Sussex by the way and happy to travel. Currently do a circa 80 mile round trip for work each day.

Hi all.

Probably the wrong place to post this but I am wondering how I find work plastering on a site? I've been domestic plastering for the last twelve months and I'd like to try some mindless skimming on board for a bit for the experience but not being from a trades background I've never even been on a proper building site, only small sites where I've done jobs for builders etc.

Any tips? I realise I need the CSCS thing but what's after that? Do I ring Barrett homes and ask them if they've got a bit of work to do?!?!

I'm in Sussex by the way and happy to travel. Currently do a circa 80 mile round trip for work each day.
Site work is brutel
Site work is £2 TO £2.50 per meter
Site work is thank less graft
Site work is you are not welcome on site
Site work is the lowist of the low
Site work is when will you be done
Site work is so G**
Site is deperssing
Site work is
you will nerver get a thankyou

R I P

I doubt you'd you get a start with that background. Thing is theres no time to get up to speed I've seen gangs come on site in the morning and punted off site by lunch time. If its what you want to do it may be an idea to see if you could find a gang thats looking for a labourer.

Site work is brutel
Site work is so G**
Site is deperssing
Site work is

R I P
Change the word site for shite and all the above is right

I doubt you'd you get a start with that background. Thing is theres no time to get up to speed I've seen gangs come on site in the morning and punted off site by lunch time. If its what you want to do it may be an idea to see if you could find a gang thats looking for a labourer.
Dont no y site work is the hardist on a building site and they want it doing the fasti
Worked on a site rush rush rush now on work but all other site worker still working ie brickis painter joiners pum and sparkis but plastering no work till rush rush rush you would be better off been a lab on site you would get more work

Dont no y site work is the hardist on a building site and they want it doing the fasti
Worked on a site rush rush rush now on work but all other site worker still working ie brickis painter joiners pum and sparkis but plastering no work till rush rush rush you would be better off been a lab on site you would get more work
Dont think its the hardest you just need to know what ye doing and how to roll them sets. Were quiet quick but dont think we could make it work on site........and to be fair i dont want to

Site work is brutel
Site work is so G**
Site is deperssing
Site work is

R I P

Now THAT's a f**k**g sign, get that stamped on your van.

Just add at the end:

So now I do domestic, call me!

The big house builders have shareholders to pay dividends to. Your just one part of the cog that makes it happen.

If you not turned 2 house out in that week you.ll be back on mrs jones ceiling lol
So f**k*d up is site work .what they sould do is f**k plastering firms off and plasterers work for builder on books 15 to 25 pounds a hour day work

So f**k*d up is site work .what they sould do is f**k plastering firms off and plasterers work for builder on books 15 to 25 pounds a hour day work
in an ideal world andy you are right,...but unfourtanetly its not going to happen

Well gentlemen I thank you for your informative replies. I've heard it's s**t work but I would like the experience so if it's s**t and I make s**t money for a week it's not the end of the world is it?

Still not really got any pointers on where to start yet. If anyone has a suggestion do let me know...

Well gentlemen I thank you for your informative replies. I've heard it's s**t work but I would like the experience so if it's s**t and I make s**t money for a week it's not the end of the world is it?

Still not really got any pointers on where to start yet. If anyone has a suggestion do let me know...
Just ring some big plastering firms up. we cannot hold your f**k**g hand boy. andyg (as u were).

Just lie to the bastards them becease they will lie to you and rob what you can andyg (as u were)

Try smart partitions they got tons your way

And to poster, if i was lookin on site, id ring big firms ask if any price work goin off them.ideally youd get in direct so no middle man taking their cut, but it cuts a lot the hassle out too. Just turn up, work go home get paid.

I can remeber when i was like u

Just pull on to a site and ask.