How to get glass finish

Jimbo95

I have a good finish but was just wondering how to get a proper glass finish I know the painters don’t like it but it does look good. Is it lots of dry troweling or is there another way or a certain trowel to use? Would really appreciate some tips thanks

I have a good finish but was just wondering how to get a proper glass finish I know the painters don’t like it but it does look good. Is it lots of dry troweling or is there another way or a certain trowel to use? Would really appreciate some tips thanks
A good dollop of windolene in the mix and you’re sorted mush! (y)

0D795A2A-2172-4E84-AF1B-DEAF5B37053B.jpeg

Tile over it.

I tend to finish with plastic . Never had a decorator complain

The best tip I can give you is,
Would you want the bricklayers to build a dense smooth wall for you to render, NO.
Well don't give the painters a glass finish to paint.

Don't do it mate last time I troweled the f**k out of some walls cause the customer wanted it like glass,I forgot myself leant on the wall while she was getting the cash ready and I slid down the wall

Yep just keep going over it. As has already been said it would be a big waste of time and energy though

I can see that you don't want to listen to people (correctly) advising you that a glassy finish is not a good idea.

Do you think people will admire your work when paint keeps flaking off it?

Over-polished plaster is not impressive - it screams 'inexperienced plasterer'

If you are not experienced enough to know what techniques can create a glassy finish, then you are probably not experienced enough to get your plastering perfectly flat. If you try to get a glassy finish on plaster that has ripples or flaws in it, then it is going to highlight all those flaws and ripples and make your work look worse, not better.

If you are still determined to try to get a glassy finish, then I wish your customers good luck, because they're going to need it when they try to paint their walls. :endesacuerdo:

I can see that you don't want to listen to people (correctly) advising you that a glassy finish is not a good idea.

If you are not experienced enough to know what techniques can create a glassy finish, then you are probably not experienced enough to get your plastering perfectly flat. If you try to get a glassy finish on plaster that has ripples or flaws in it, then it is going to highlight all those flaws and ripples and make your work look worse, not better.

If you are still determined to try to get a glassy finish, then I wish your customers good luck, because they're going to need it when they try to paint their walls. :endesacuerdo:
Experienced enough! Guy dosnt even know what a set is

How long have you been spreading mate?

A spray bottle and some good old fashioned elbow grease. Stand back with your punter and admire that sheen.

When you say set do you mean when it’s gone solid, or coupler hours after wet trowel or next day? Thanks a lot by the way
If you really want to look like a narcissistic lunatic then get yourself a super flexi plastic trowel and go bananas with it at the end!

You will feel fantastic but look ridiculous