How to get best finish on weber mono pral m

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott.beaumont

Doing a mono job in chalk wondered what you guys thinks the best way of doing it? do you rule it with serated feather edge? or use the h bar only? do you use two different scratchers? Where do you guys buy these tools?
Feedback gratefully received.

As render says, two passes to depth , we like to use serrated rule ( less air bubbles with these) , once straight and flat, over again with edge at tighter angle to close in and to acheive 1mm rises from serrated egde, leave to pick up, h section then fine tune with short nail scratch. easy.:rolleyes)

as above but with a final pass over with a short but blunt scratcher for the last bit of refinement then brush

we use an I section.

Funny thing is Owls, we buy them in as I sections, but have always called then H sections . thats what 90 degrees difference makes.just something thats stuck on the firm I guess.

Last edited:
That should be a thread.....whats the best brush for tidying the mono ???? is there a nicest brush course ?

I lay tight coat on then when it's still tacky lay a coat on as heavy as i can rule it then spat then chase the joints for the rest of the day

Does anyone know where to get hold of a half decent same day scratcher webber used to do mint ones but apparently they stopped making them

Status
Not open for further replies.