How smooth for vinyl

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblones

How smooth does the floor have to be for laying vinyls. I have noticed that a liquid screed is not good enough for them to lay over. I would think that maybe if there is anything sticking out it will pierce the lino but what about air bubbles etc are they a problem.

I would imagine it would depend on the quality of the vinyl, and i would off thought that liquid screeds would off been ideal for vinyl, pour it, pretty much self levels done (not that i have had much experience with liquids) and the only issues that could arise is due to operator error,... but surely you already know the answer to your question Ian :RpS_wink:

no i dont brother. I would have assumed the same as you but i have been told that a job i did last year was gone over with latex or whatever. The flooring contractor reckons he always needs to do this over LS

Some flooring companies insist that they need to latex any surface for vinyl, even had one telling the builder that my screeds needed latexing for carpeting, the builder just told them they'd never had any come backs from my screeds and to stop trying to squeeze more money out of the job which is what I think these companies are trying with the latex over poured screeds as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.