How on earth do I fix this?

Members online

SAXONT

We have had a new kitchen fitted and I am doing the decorating including plastering.

The builder has installed the board quite badly but anyway. I'm wondering two things (a) should I use plaster or a jointing (easi fill) compound to plaster the board up to and slightly beyond the painted part of the wall; (b) how should I fill the joints around the window? Should I use joint tape or bead and if bead which type?; (c) is it worth plastering and skimming the board and also
skimming the painted wall so it all joins neatly?

Many thanks for your help

Tim

Attachments

• MVIMG_20191123_092430.jpg
    MVIMG_20191123_092430.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 516
  • IMG_20191123_092411.jpg
    IMG_20191123_092411.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 477
Isnt plastering supposed to be done before the kitchen is fitted?
Have you met my wife lol
We have had a new kitchen fitted and I am doing the decorating including plastering.

The builder has installed the board quite badly but anyway. I'm wondering two things (a) should I use plaster or a jointing (easi fill) compound to plaster the board up to and slightly beyond the painted part of the wall; (b) how should I fill the joints around the window? Should I use joint tape or bead and if bead which type?; (c) is it worth plastering and skimming the board and also

Tim
That's a deep window reveal , is it a cavity wall , assume so , any board Addy left over to fill holes or if deep could use foam , then rake top 10mm outfit bed of Addy .
If the existing plaster work is good remove 2" of skim along joint areas so you can tape and fill
Tell them they have to have a tile splash back to cover the lower majority

Have you met my wife lol

That's a deep window reveal , is it a cavity wall , assume so , any board Addy left over to fill holes or if deep could use foam , then rake top 10mm outfit bed of Addy .
If the existing plaster work is good remove 2" of skim along joint areas so you can tape and fill
Tell them they have to have a tile splash back to cover the lower majority

Thanks Bof. V helpful

First thing I’d do is get the c**t back that fitted that window and make him put it in level.

That window looks horrendous. Defo should have been plastered before the units went in, as a diy badger you’ll end up covering them in plaster easy fill or whatever you use

Tim
Rip the kitchen out and start over

Tim
This is like getting a plasterer to plaster the kitchen before the sparky has chased in the wires. Who the hell would fit a kitchen with the walls in that state

Tim
Did you actually pay someone to do this or is this someone trying to help you out? If you did pay, it's for reasons like this why people have a go themselves because that is just pants.

This is like getting a plasterer to plaster the kitchen before the sparky has chased in the wires. Who the hell would fit a kitchen with the walls in that state
Theres loads of clowns who do hideous thi ga like that . Bathroom suites in first ect

Thanks Bof. V helpful

Tile the splash back and level the window off to the tile height , you could choose a nice ceramic bowl and recess it in the middle of the triangle to diffuse the inevitable misshaped tile cuts
Triangle of board blobbed with Addy for support , hole precut , wrap bowl with cling film and bed in to form recess , will create effect without blocking window , buy a nice bonsai tree and turn a disaster into something nice
15745370926001502546348307981672.jpg

I see similar scenarios all the time, basically customer is told by fitting company this is the date , fitting company don’t mention or say anything about plaster to walls as they are after fitting payment , most kitchens similar take a few days job done and customer is happy then pay
But this is actually a skilled plasterers job now to put this right and should be priced accordingly Tbh I’d price that at £600 and the customer might think that’s a lot which is fine they can either try themselves or pay
But will say one thing even the repointing through the window is better than the boarding
Totally honest diyer will not be able to get this right

I see similar scenarios all the time, basically customer is told by fitting company this is the date , fitting company don’t mention or say anything about plaster to walls as they are after fitting payment , most kitchens similar take a few days job done and customer is happy then pay
But this is actually a skilled plasterers job now to put this right and should be priced accordingly Tbh I’d price that at £600 and the customer might think that’s a lot which is fine they can either try themselves or pay
But will say one thing even the repointing through the window is better than the boarding
Thank fuk I'm on site . I hated shite like that on domestics

Thank fuk I'm on site . I hated shite like that on domestics
It is a weekly enquirer for me mate there are some fitters that do do things right but most don’t care at all , even moben kitchens I got called in after £24k worth fitted could not believe my eyes , they even have surveys to get things right but again plaster works are never a priority with them even

It is a weekly enquirer for me mate there are some fitters that do do things right but most don’t care at all , even moben kitchens I got called in after £24k worth fitted could not believe my eyes , they even have surveys to get things right but again plaster works are never a priority with them even
Sites are exactly the same ran bellends

Tile the splash back and level the window off to the tile height , you could choose a nice ceramic bowl and recess it in the middle of the triangle to diffuse the inevitable misshaped tile cuts
Triangle of board blobbed with Addy for support , hole precut , wrap bowl with cling film and bed in to form recess , will create effect without blocking window , buy a nice bonsai tree and turn a disaster into something nice
View attachment 42042
Love the way you've included the banzai tree in the plans.

You should be an architect.

View attachment 42042
Good work danielson, must try harder. Wax on wax off

With you on that one vincey...my eyes would light up thinking your paying through the roof 4 me to do this for doing it arse about tit..