How much time does it save using a machine

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been doing 60m in 2 hours its mental, just be weary if you're using it for the odd job it's not worth it

we sprayed a gable of 70M on friday afternoon Dave spraying, Me ruling and a lad bagging on the pump keeping an eye on it etc.

cant say we timed it but we do it proper with two passes at 17mm thickness overall, we sprayed after dinner as we are switching to next day scrapes now so we wanted to get it on as late as poss but we were all done for 4 or half 4 say and we had a slow R/S on rather than a D6.3
John when you're mates spraying are you keeping up with the edge to keep him flat out or does he have to stop to let you catch up?

on a good area and scaff you can keep up, if lots of detail and shite scaff like you struggle to swing your edge then better to have two behind the sprayer.

again you can change the R/S to suit say a 6:3 is great for a big hotel wall etc and a 4:3 is good for summit with lots of apex dormer cheeks and bad scaff etc on a small house....

To be honest we cover up anyway so would make no difference on that front.watched a few videos with the machines don't look loads quicker just seems a lot less messing around with loading levels out and doing that gable yesterday we could have done it with 2 rather than 3 . Just hope the outlay of money is worth it

to be fair a vid clip of a machine for 2 mins spraying a section dont look that fast but if someone actually did a vid of the whole gable being dropped then you would soon see how the progress is increased, imagine a bag a minute constantly - you would soon see the machine running ahead of you.

for me its not so much about the machine speed its all the donkey about on the scaff that it eliminates and that my friend is worth its weight in gold

Yeah I agree that's what made my mind up doing the gable Saturday was all the loading out and grief that comes with it . Is that roughly what the machines throw out a bag a minute .?

A 6-3 is about 22ltrs a minute I think so that about 1 1/2 black builders buckets a minute and every minute. A labourer cannot mix and carry up 3 buckets onto a spot board on a scaffold every 2 minutes non stop.

As John said there are other r&s's. I use a 4-3 as most of my spray is 10mm and on established domestic properties with plenty of pipes and cables in the way.

One sprays, I rule with a serrated edge and a 3rd is behind me spatting the serrations out and sorting out the slumps under sills etc.

Yeah I agree that's what made my mind up doing the gable Saturday was all the loading out and grief that comes with it . Is that roughly what the machines throw out a bag a minute .?
@master even though we've hardly ever used our Ritmo when we have used it on rendering it's been great once the little teething problems are ironed out.
We did this little job in West Hanningfield last year, it took about 25 minutes to spray it on. No lugging gear up ladders.
http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s467/andychapmam/002_zps8ad9ab40.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@master even though we've hardly ever used our Ritmo when we have used it on rendering it's been great once the little teething problems are ironed out.
We did this little job in West Hanningfield last year, it took about 25 minutes to spray it on. No lugging gear up ladders.
http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s467/andychapmam/002_zps8ad9ab40.jpg
What he's not telling you master is he used the machine box to stand on and that's as far as he got using the machine lol

I sprayed 100m2 of CPI yesterday over stonework so was around15-20mm.used tv10 mesh in also.finished spraying at 1.30 at that was with a bad start as we had a block in hose at set up.good old ritmo!!

What he's not telling you master is he used the machine box to stand on and that's as far as he got using the machine lol

Don't be daft Flynny there's not a box out there strong enough to hold my bulk.
I actually stand on the Ritmo, being a short arsed **** is why I needed the extension hopper.

Apparently its common to get the odd bit of bigger aggregate that blocks the gun with cpi

if you float finish it you can hardly tell, if you I bar it back and then sponge it up you will see all the rocks in this sh1t, its full of pebbles.

they should do a more refined OCR for spraying

Status
Not open for further replies.