How much time does it save using a machine

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

master

Obviously this depends on the individual but if you was spraying monocouche on a gable wall of roughly 50 metres with scaffold up how long roughly would you expect to take to put it on ? Obviously I know it will vary
cheers

we sprayed a gable of 70M on friday afternoon Dave spraying, Me ruling and a lad bagging on the pump keeping an eye on it etc.

cant say we timed it but we do it proper with two passes at 17mm thickness overall, we sprayed after dinner as we are switching to next day scrapes now so we wanted to get it on as late as poss but we were all done for 4 or half 4 say and we had a slow R/S on rather than a D6.3

Ok thanks yeah been thinking about getting a machine for ages but I think yesterday made my mind up used 55 bags by hand just took forever

The Job may not go that much faster than a well tuned 2+1
The time is saved in mixing the material, carrying it to the wall and putting it on the wall. If you use a labourer to mix he will now have it easy so sack him unless he can do more than mix and carry because he will be standing around when the machine hopper is full. Same goes for the plasterer helping you to lay on all the gear. Anybody can spray so why pay for a plasterer to spray.
The saving comes in the time it all goes on the wall, you will find you have spare time to bead in between.
Apprentices are economical because they are cheap, can soon master a machine, spray and as time goes on they can get stuck in to the plastering and rendering.

I haven't got a clue about the machines how many bags can you put in at once with say a smaller machine

Ok thanks yeah been thinking about getting a machine for ages but I think yesterday made my mind up used 55 bags by hand just took forever
You will never look back mate ,loads of help on here when you need it ,and you will not go wrong with the back up of the PFT guys ,best of luck with it

Get in touch with Stuart Mcbig (UK plastering machines) he is in your area and will show you it being used. Also plenty of vids on youtube. The machines work as well as they look in their videos.

Ok thanks a lot of the videos I have seen look like they have 1 loading the machine 1 spraying and1 ruling is this not the case

I am a machine, a broken one granted with a wheel missing, sluggish start and a penchant to be empty of fuel

We worked as a 3 gang with ours and mostly sprayed hardwall . We quite early starters n when you've best part ov a pallet of hardwall on b4 the rest of the site showed up at 8 just about sums up how impressive these machine are dsnt get tired dsnt need a cig break or to go for a piss every five minits and dsnt need to txt his bird/wife or mum 50 times aday defo worth a thought n demo . Stuart helped us put loads when we first got ours as we was working that way quite abit

mono by hand makes the refina 1800 groan.
spraying needs a lot of covering up, i saw a pair of plasterers spray the lower sections of a gable the pump it into buckets to put the top section on by hand to save some covering up

mono by hand makes the refina 1800 groan.
spraying needs a lot of covering up, i saw a pair of plasterers spray the lower sections of a gable the pump it into buckets to put the top section on by hand to save some covering up
It is true Malc ,does take a while to cover up , but if you can do it the day before it does help ,as you can have more time on your hands putting on by machine due to the speed of it , all depends on your set up as said

To be honest we cover up anyway so would make no difference on that front.watched a few videos with the machines don't look loads quicker just seems a lot less messing around with loading levels out and doing that gable yesterday we could have done it with 2 rather than 3 . Just hope the outlay of money is worth it

IMHO they defo worth it . Not to mention you will get a few more years out of your elbows back n wrist . Logistically I cnt see any other viable option . It just makes perfect sence if ur rendering on a regular basis . Plus as much as ther is loadsa ov pro n cons you can also use it for Skiming weather it's faster or not saves a lot of impact on the body reducing the occupational health risks

i know it is off thread, but i did see a genny 6.5 kva, deisel for sale today at £350 may be of use to the machine boys?

My machine is used 3-5 times a year but when it is out it does 3 days work in 1. Cleaner too, hardly a drop on the floor.

As for the capital well I have had it 4 years and I will have it for another 4 years and beyond unless I get a very good offer and I get a new Ritmo. It is there when I want it and kept in a dry heated garage all year round. Primed once a season or between jobs and serviced every 2 years by Les Lord @ PFT Northern. So yes get one and spray ocr, Cpi ump210 and all the mono,s.

The add ons cost but you can build the add ons over time like I have just start with the basics. Fancying a Av3000 next and a Filzomat.

My machine is used 3-5 times a year but when it is out it does 3 days work in 1. Cleaner too, hardly a drop on the floor.

As for the capital well I have had it 4 years and I will have it for another 4 years and beyond unless I get a very good offer and I get a new Ritmo. It is there when I want it and kept in a dry heated garage all year round. Primed once a season or between jobs and serviced every 2 years by Les Lord @ PFT Northern. So yes get one and spray ocr, Cpi ump210 and all the mono,s.

The add ons cost but you can build the add ons over time like I have just start with the basics. Fancying a Av3000 next and a Filzomat.
Brilliant tool the filtzomat my gaffer bought. 110 one of lez n it's a spot on tool

Obviously this depends on the individual but if you was spraying monocouche on a gable wall of roughly 50 metres with scaffold up how long roughly would you expect to take to put it on ? Obviously I know it will vary
cheers

its not always a case of time saving, its wear and tear on the body saving.

Status
Not open for further replies.