How much do apprentices earn per week? (midlands)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdave33

Hi

Im looking to expand and take on an apprentice but just wondering what the going rate ids these days? I know when I did mine (about 10 years ago) I was paid about 120 a week.

My brother in laws a chippy and he took an apprentice for 20 quid per day the rest is subsidised and you don't have to keep them going if you run out of work if they don't work you don't have to pay them

Hi

Im looking to expand and take on an apprentice but just wondering what the going rate ids these days? I know when I did mine (about 10 years ago) I was paid about 120 a week.
Are you sending them to college? if yes get in touch with the citb. apprentices dont come into the minimum wage brackets but im not sure if that changes at 21, i used to pay mine 79 just below some bracket regarding tax he went college once a week, the more qualifications they gain ie the longer they stay like 1,2 or 3 years the more grants you will get. Also if your subbing to these firms that deduct a percentage for citb you dont have to pay coz your in it and depending what you earn you wont pay them a percentage. It could of changed im talkin a few years ago.

It used to be £90 a week till they are 21 then its goes up till 24. not sure what the increase is

it is 100 in the first year then 150 in the 2nd year rising to 250 in the 3rd year as in the 3rd year they should be plastering rooms and not a wall here and there.... im 99% certain

back in 1976 when i started serving my time, my take home pay was 18.00 quid a week,and i gave my parents 8.00quid from that, and this is not an april fools joke

when i served my time in 1963 the wage was £2 16s per week , i was considered lucky as it was a 5 year time that had just been reduced from 7 years. labours where never shown anything and did not even have there sandwiches with tradesmen and apprentices

Go to one of the buiding colleges, who have already got nvq boys attending, but will not have a job at the end of it, They should be ready to go, and you can assess the level they are at, and offer them a wage you feel fit, every bodies happy.

min 16 hours a week contractual and £2.60 an hour which goes upto £2.65 in october, it goes up to 24 hours in sept, you will need public liability and employers liability

if you contact the firm our lass works for you will get lots of grants, let me know if you need anymore details.......my email has just stop working but soon has our lass sends me the link ill post it here and pm you it

bigdave if you let me have your email ill send you an attachment to all the info and the company

Status
Not open for further replies.