How much can you plaster in a day ?

Members online

trogg

Hello,

I renovate properties on my own and although I can plaster the finish isn't 100% and it takes me forever, I usually end up dot and dab taping and fill.

So my thinking is advertising a job on My Builder/Checkatrade/Rated People, however I don't want to give someone a job doing 3/4 rooms only to find out that they are cr@p and neither do I want to give them a few hours work because it just wouldn't be worth their while and they would most likely charge me for a day anyway.
What do you think ?

Did use a plasterer about 18 months ago, however he was completely useless and I kicked him out after 3 days, also my sister in law has used 3 different plastering companies and hasn't been happy with any of them, hence me wanting to 'try' someone for a day before taking them on.

Cheers

Forgot to say, I'm on about skimming over original plaster, however I've just bought a property that has artex on all walls and ceiling so this would be a longer job to do.

Hello,

I renovate properties on my own and although I can plaster the finish isn't 100% and it takes me forever, I usually end up dot and dab taping and fill.

So my thinking is advertising a job on My Builder/Checkatrade/Rated People, however I don't want to give someone a job doing 3/4 rooms only to find out that they are cr@p and neither do I want to give them a few hours work because it just wouldn't be worth their while and they would most likely charge me for a day anyway.
What do you think ?

Did use a plasterer about 18 months ago, however he was completely useless and I kicked him out after 3 days, also my sister in law has used 3 different plastering companies and hasn't been happy with any of them, hence me wanting to 'try' someone for a day before taking them on.

Cheers
Just dont pay them if theyre crap

You renovate houses but you don't like plasterers basically so you thought you would piss them all off.

Hello,

What do you think ?

Cheers
Just get a few quotes in, go with the one you feel comfortable with, you won't see the end result till you decorated, well unless it's dogshit really.

I've read this post and I am on the brink of being offended.
Get a reputable plasterer to give you a quote. That's my advice.

You're average plasterer on this sort of work would probably average anything between 40-80 m2

Get some plasterers round to quote a price don't ask how much they want per day. They will probably have an early day one of the days, because it's a hard trade. not because we are lazy. A tired spread is a shite spread.

Hello,

What do you think ?

Cheers

Sounds like someone is wanting more than a monkey when paying peanuts!!