How much above the average price would you go for a decent renderer/plasterer?

Members online

If times are busy, 50%? Please help me not get ripped off lads, inherited a house after both parents passed last year; had some serious piss-takes so far haha.

Is it harder to remove this material btw?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20211231_134744.jpg
    IMG_20211231_134744.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 211
Sorry for your loss,

You seem really upset.

That you were left a house that required external rendering work?

If times are busy, 50%? Please help me not get ripped off lads, inherited a house after both parents passed last year; had some serious piss-takes so far haha.

Is it harder to remove this material btw?

Thanks.
If you have had several take the piss prices then it sounds to me like it's you that's taking the piss because you just don't want to pay for the job.

have you got a knowledge of what the job should cost?
are all the quotes in the same region or just a couple that are higher?

get the quotes together and make sure they have all quoted for the same works.. i.e some may of included what others havent

Do your research aswell loads of chancers on rendering they'll leave the texture of your render looking like a McDonald's burger

what, asking questions on forums?
I was trying to also subtly imply those answering on forums, but maybe I should have made it less subtle just for you.

have you got a knowledge of what the job should cost?
are all the quotes in the same region or just a couple that are higher?

get the quotes together and make sure they have all quoted for the same works.. i.e some may of included what others havent
I worked out how much it should cost now for almost everything thanks.

The first quote wasnt actually that bad, but he wanted to do a room I didnt want to even touch, which was frankly just weird; was about 50% above average which is ok considering all the decent guys are booked for months now.

Next quote was 90 ****** k, the ****** ****. Makes me ashamed to be British, he wrote up a huge report telling me to be aware of scammers offering cheap work, and hes worse than any tech support scamming ****. his was 90 for a low 20k job max.

Any idea what warranty I should expect from a top plasterer? Thanks.

Last edited:
I was trying to also subtly imply those answering on forums, but maybe I should have made it less subtle just for you.

The first quote wasnt actually that bad, but he wanted to do a room I didnt want to even touch, which was frankly just weird; was about 50% above average which is ok considering all the decent guys are booked for months now.

Next quote was 90 ****** k, the ****** ****. Makes me ashamed to be British, he wrote up a huge report telling me to be aware of scammers offering cheap work, and hes worse than any tech support scamming ****. his was 90 for a low 20k job
can i ask how you worked out how much it should cost?

can i ask how you worked out how much it should cost?
I checked in several forums also several websites where you can advertise for a local job have a rough cost of plastering and rendering per metre on average, they were all roughly the same. I increased the amount by 30% anyway and assumned upper bounds for skip and raising the er, scaffold thing.

Any idea how much of a warranty top renderers should provide? Im only choosing the top rated on the .gov site buywithconfidence

Thanks!

the rates do range. and to say only go by the .gov sites doesnt mean youll get the best job/service.

just means they pay to be on there..

everyone has different costs for.overheads/ labour rates etc.

same as if i buy a kitchen....

3 different shops can range over 40% different in prices and installation costs..

Next quote was 90 ****** k, the ****** ****. Makes me ashamed to be British, he wrote up a huge report telling me to be aware of scammers offering cheap work, and hes worse than any tech support scamming ****. his was 90 for a low 20k job max.

Any idea what warranty I should expect from a top plasterer? Thanks.
Why is the guy wrong to quote you 90k? You don't use him, no problems. Somebody else uses him and is delighted with his work, both parties happy.
Really don't see the problem here, we all make choices on how much we want to spend on things pretty much every day of our lives. Oh and our funerals.

I checked in several forums also several websites where you can advertise for a local job have a rough cost of plastering and rendering per metre on average, they were all roughly the same. I increased the amount by 30% anyway and assumned upper bounds for skip and raising the er, scaffold thing.

Any idea how much of a warranty top renderers should provide? Im only choosing the top rated on the .gov site buywithconfidence

Thanks!
Why should renderers provide a warranty?
How much did you pay for your house and how much warranty did you get with that?
How much did you pay for you car and how much warranty did you get with that?

Thanks!
A warranty length is, as the plasterers drive away.

When you can no long see the number plate on the van, the warranty is up.

I’ll do it for £85k….but I can’t go any lower…
God your testing me I’ll give you that??

£82k….and you really are stealing it out my kids mouths…let’s have a shake yeah