How many trowels

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
hit the wall or ceiling 5 times , first coat , second coat , flatten in , trowel up , polish, that's how I was taught.. Don't always work out like that

What age john, early thirties, do you work alone mostly, not going to stalk you honest

29 mate ... Had a few lads but they dont last, so work alone mostly. Unless a decent size job comes in then get a couple of decent spreads on with me.

Most spreads on here seem to get two coats on give it two trowel ups, then that's finished,I've never counted how many times I've troweled a wall/ceiling, i go over it loads of times,is it cos your on price and the prices are sh it or do you do it regardless.

lay the first coat on tight, no lines no need to flattern,,so that it starts to set quickly, lay the second coat on thicker but very neat, let it pull in, do not keep going over it ,you need to get the time correct, give it two trowels, it just needs a polish just before the initial set.

I go over as is required and each to their own, we were all taught in different ways and so long as the end result is quality and correct ?? Who gives a monkeys how many times you go over it? I've seen a lot of site work that had two trowels (not everybody before you start!) and I'd have had them shot but you get what you pay for??

lay the first coat on tight, no lines no need to flattern,,so that it starts to set quickly, lay the second coat on thicker but very neat, let it pull in, do not keep going over it ,you need to get the time correct, give it two trowels, it just needs a polish just before the initial set.

So do you do it that way if you've got say a 35/40 sqm ceiling Malc

29 mate ... Had a few lads but they dont last, so work alone mostly. Unless a decent size job comes in then get a couple of decent spreads on with me.
Thought you were young, I am too wrecked, need labourer and plasterer with me all the time, I just do the spreading, wouldn't last a week on my own nowadays, don't wreck yourself fella

Thought you were young, I am too wrecked, need labourer and plasterer with me all the time, I just do the spreading, wouldn't last a week on my own nowadays, don't wreck yourself fella

I work hard, but i don't over do it. Your better off with a lab with you weather you need one or not, i miss having one makes life soo much eaiser. Just doing fetch and carry makes the day :)

So do you do it that way if you've got say a 35/40 sqm ceiling Malc

if i want extra time on a large ceiling i would lay the first coat on thicker. plastering is as easy or as hard as you make it
i work with my son , who is 42 years old, a plasterer, labouring on ourselves, so we do hit areas together. we usually cover our money by 2.30 .

Hi johnjoe nice website mate.

Did you not find last summer heat, water was the order of the day. I find on re skims some walls not matter what suction control you use still take take the plaster straight in so water has to be used, I think what matters is we dont leave water lines on the skim.
I like to see nice sharp ceiling angles on loft conversions you rolled yours into the walls was that to save you time.
It dont take long for the plastering game to bugger you up . Do you used stilts?.

Hi johnjoe nice website mate.

Did you not find last summer heat, water was the order of the day. I find on re skims some walls not matter what suction control you use still take take the plaster straight in so water has to be used, I think what matters is we dont leave water lines on the skim.
I like to see nice sharp ceiling angles on loft conversions you rolled yours into the walls was that to save you time.
It dont take long for the plastering game to bugger you up . Do you used stilts?.

If its going to pull in like a bit*h, just put do smaller hits and get on it earlier... i give customer option, if they want straight line they can.

I cant used stilts to save my life, tried couple of times and sh*t myself ..

Do you just use PvA on reskims Henry? Betekontakt on any reskims I've used does not pull in and you have loads of time.

I go over it till my customers smile like this one
attachment.php

Most spreads on here seem to get two coats on give it two trowel ups, then that's finished,I've never counted how many times I've troweled a wall/ceiling, i go over it loads of times,is it cos your on price and the prices are sh it or do you do it regardless.

why do you keep going over the plaster? every time you go over it you bring water up to the surface slowing the initial set down.

why do you keep going over the plaster? every time you go over it you bring water up to the surface slowing the initial set down.

I only go over it when it needs it but its more than twice,thats my point ,I don't keep playing with it ( plaster that is )

if it needs a flatten between coats then it is going on to thick.

what if your roughing and levelling areas out,pulling out beads,covering artex etc

Surely you cant always scrape on your first malc or do you fill your areas prior to skimming mate apposed to on your first coat?

Status
Not open for further replies.