How Many Sq Meters Per Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's each job on its own merit I'd say...for example,builder phone's me up says he's got about 8 boards needing skimming,one room 'you'll get it done in a day ..easy he says '...I get there and holy fukc it's all in between beams little triangles a whole god damn bible of awkwardness....4days it took to do ....one day bonding out some horrendous tacking,so. 8 boards into 4days ...2boards a day!!!! £100 per board....kerching..

I did, well, I have no idea, but to fill in, I knocked a brick opening wider by 300 mm, stuff in a lintel and dry packed it, oh its great to do something different...

I'm new to plastering just onto Diploma Level 2. Did two 14 sqm walls (3 doors out o that whatever that takes it down to) yesterday. I guess that is pretty slow but old crappy walls that they insisted they wanted a skim over regardless (one wall had the old lats behind it, prepping was a nightmare and I'd been in for an hour day before) So I guess that is pretty damn slow but it was good work.

Not that I expect a serious opinion one way or the other on that...sarky bastards :D

I'm new to plastering just onto Diploma Level 2. Did two 14 sqm walls (3 doors out o that whatever that takes it down to) yesterday. I guess that is pretty slow but old crappy walls that they insisted they wanted a skim over regardless (one wall had the old lats behind it, prepping was a nightmare and I'd been in for an hour day before) So I guess that is pretty damn slow but it was good work.

Not that I expect a serious opinion one way or the other on that...sarky bastards :D

Attaboy ;)

Quality quality quality before speed every-time bud, speed will come well it should do I'm still shi* slow and rough as fook :D

Last edited:

Not that I expect a serious opinion one way or the other on that...sarky bastards :D[/hi mate welcome to the forum,, why not introdude yourself in the new members section http://www.plasterersforum.com/general-discussions-on-plastering/ and join in for advice, tips and a bit of a laught

Tuesday to sat morning head down arse up.......monday as little as my weak body and paranoid mind lets me (not much)

Full runs and decent areas to go at between about 60/80 m2 per day, I have done stupid days an done over 100 but you pay for it that night and next day and are thought no better of from the guys upstairs.

and when they see you banging out massive areas your expected to do it everyday, you also end up catching the boarders up so have to slow down.

i don't do site work any more but use to only work at £2.50 plus, then 50m2 is enough to cover your money, any more is a bonus.

to be fair we/I very rarely had the areas to go at on site, big areas would become available and everyone would argue like fook over it.

i haven't worked on price m2 for about 3/4 years now after someone tried ripping me off and probably would change career if I had to go back to it

When plastering I aim to cover minimum 20 sheets.not massive m2 but a decent return on good rates
I do the same as u mate. Some days might do 30 boards but happy to do 20 and do bits inbetween. If u can't make money skimming 20 sheets a day your working to cheap.

No idea what my average is. It could be 100 or 10, as long as I'm putting food on the table I don't care much for willy waving.

Doing a small flat of raggles (chases) tomorrow night. Maybe 3m2 all in? :numberone:

I use 6x3s now fug it !! I was using 8x4 on a job once and the rather pompus lady said is that the biggest you can get nowadays !!! I said no you can get bigger but we will have to take the roof orrff your house to get them in ...she gave me a killer of a look then left the room never to be seen again

Status
Not open for further replies.