9.00 get ma kit oota tha van
9.30 finish gettin ma kit intat that wee room I be warkin in
10.00-10.45 Pva tha ceiling
11.30 start skimming tha ceiling
2.30 finish skimmin tha ceiling
2.30 -3.00 clean up

That's tha way I look at it
lol you must be on a rate mate, wish i could do that

got the job fellas,found out today.goin to have a look first to make sure there are no surprises,boards sagging etc.fella said could pay in cash too if i make a consideration...:glare:said i would consider puttin a second coat on it:RpS_biggrin:

So he wants you to take the risk of not paying the tax while he reaps the rewards....

I just laugh at people that try that one with me.

There all at it trying it on to save a few pennies the only people that are loosing out are the mugs that do it for the cash.

There all at it trying it on to save a few pennies the only people that are loosing out are the mugs that do it for the cash.

i dont get what you mean bod, why are the people who do it for cash losing out??
so lets say you earn £30,000 a year your saying youd only take all that money paid to you in a cheque or direct payment? id sooner have it all cash!!!!!!!! am i missing something here

who was it who was asking the other week bout people paying with card, i had a phone call today from a firm asking me if i was set up for it and would i like to be if they sent me a machine, i didnt listen to the terms and conditions so i dnt know anymore.
did we decide it was a good idea or not???

dont know if there are any hippocrites(spell check),has anybody never taken reddies for a job?i get a touch,the client gets one too.am i alone here?surely not.oh and it wont even get near a bank,those tossers have got enough.:mad:

i cant remember the last time i got paid by cheque apart from the insurance jobs, and no i dont put any of it in the back unless we spend too much one month

bodplasterer
i dont get what you mean bod, why are the people who do it for cash losing out??
so lets say you earn £30,000 a year your saying youd only take all that money paid to you in a cheque or direct payment? id sooner have it all cash!!!!!!!! am i missing something here

The reason why we are losing out is they "as in the customer" are asking for it to be done cheaper for cash and assuming you trade legitimately you still need to pay your tax! so just an example you go and price a job £200 and the customer says can you do it less for cash so you say ok i can do it for £160 as 20% tax is £40 so you put that money in the bank to cover your mortgage, insurance or some BS bill you get investigated by the inland rev you gotta pay the tax on the £160 you put in the bank which amounts to £32 which leaves you with £128 for a £200 job!

knock em £20 off and dont put it in the bank!! in 7 years of working on private only i think ive only been asked once for a reduction for cash

did this ceiling today with 3 other spreads and one decent labourer and a bucket washer.it went well and pleased with the end result.took 22 bags multifinish all in,started at 6.15 scraping artex then pva 2 coats.then 2 lovely coats of goo.done and in the van for 12.30.more of that please!:RpS_thumbsup:

too be honest mate it wasnt bad at all,did a real strong mix with the pva and 2 coats of it.ended up waitin for the furthest end to pick up.never worked with more than 1 other spread on the same ceiling or wall,its amazing how much more can be achieved with the extra hands.good bunch of lads though.and they introduced me too the sponge float.defo will use it again.and the false floor put in by scaffolders was spot on,perfect height.

Status
Not open for further replies.