How many mixes

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeadams1985

Private Member
How many mixes would you hit a ceiling this size in? It's 24 ft x 11ft. Fresh plasterboard.so usual skim.

As you know I'm not a plasterer. I've done the whole house and it's fine.but im not quick and this is the biggest lid ill have tackled.
So just wondering how many mixes YOU would tackle a lid this size in?

Mite be an idea to get a spat or speedskim on a pole to flatten if you are stretching yourself

If ya don't push ya self you'll Never get better. Beddy! Haha.

Right gonna ******* go for it next week. Wish me luck haha.

Just do one big mix and bang it all on! Then just stick with it, if you fook it up u can unibond and re skim lol

Put a handful of bonding in your first coat it seems to hold it back a bit. I always do it if I've got a big lid to do

maybe get a labourer in or another spread.. easier and no hassle, but 2 bags 1st coat.. 1 bag second... if you want to do it yourself, get another bucket ready with the water for your 2nd coat... as said, the spat with the pole gives you a load of breathing space, flattens your second coat off and you can get a brew...

Use wickes bonding agent over it to give you some time and open the windows to get room cold. Eze spat would be good to trowel off.

I'm not a plasterer as you know, but surely if you open the windows the warm air moving out will cause the plaster to dry out quicker as it'll take the moisture with it?

Scaff it out aswell mike , no ******* on off a hop up or a ladder , means u litrally jus have 'floor' so makes it so much easier , no up and down or being a bit to low etc

And dont bother griting it lol , the bonding idea is a good one . I normally do it the other way if not using dirty water , abit multi in it to make it go abit quicker on artex lids etc . Could well work !

Add trisodium citrate to the plaster. Mix a couple of teaspoons in a cup of hot water so it disolves.
Put this in with the mixing water for your first coat. You will get longer to work with the plaster before if sets ready for the second coat.
You can also add some to the second coat if you wish.
Done 40 metre ceilings on my own this way without struggling to get a good finish.

If I was you I'd do it in 2 halves,just stick some scrim down the middle and when you've finished pull it off and do the other side you wont even see the joint,that's if you're not confident to do it in one

everything you need to know...

[video=youtube_share;wpSPnv_-nu8]http://youtu.be/wpSPnv_-nu8?list=UUBNnADlaaGdlOvE3nvzz3jA[/video]

I would do as said 2 bags to scratch and 1 to top. 3 mixes always using fresh gear, and cleaning the buckets out.

I would do as said 2 bags to scratch and 1 to top. 3 mixes always using fresh gear, and cleaning the buckets out.

I'd get a plasterer in then make the tea and buy the ice creams. :RpS_lol:

Any of the lads on here close enough to give you a lift?? :RpS_confused: I'd have helped you just for the rum but am too far away and would be drunk before first bucket is mixed??

Marshy sounds like a good day to me! Haha. Rum.and plastering. **** it's only 8.30 ft won't hurt that much falling of the planks

Haha. Nah I'm Deffo going at it alone. Like I say do the push it ill never know **** it up just bond it out and start again.

Will post up when it's done. Should be either weekend or Monday I attack it.

Do like the dynamite idea! Haha

Not a plasterer and doing a ceiling that size. Sweet zombie jesus. Your either exceptionally talented and able to pick it up dead quick (fair play to you if you are, but maybe become a plasterer :RpS_thumbsup:) or that is a bad day waiting to happen.

@Ctplastering you literally scaffold out a room? That is so cool.

Not a plasterer and doing a ceiling that size. Sweet zombie jesus. Your either exceptionally talented and able to pick it up dead quick (fair play to you if you are, but maybe become a plasterer :RpS_thumbsup:) or that is a bad day waiting to happen.

@Ctplastering you literally scaffold out a room? That is so cool.

Have you not realised ?

Where all a little crazy here!

Dont waste time getting the edges all nice and neat. See if you can find someone to cove it for you mike

Status
Not open for further replies.