How many m2

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had regulars phoning now for metre rates, although I only do block price or day work, told them I am not interested, let the fools out there kill themselves for a days money..and no shortage of idiots in tHis game..

What sort of m2 metrage would be expected from a days work if working on site and skim only ?

50p psm 160m2 a day that'll do ya tinlip :RpS_thumbsup:

so you need to do 11 of you 15m2 walls good luck lad!

proper spreads will do 600m2 an hour :razz:

I have had regulars phoning now for metre rates, although I only do block price or day work, told them I am not interested, let the fools out there kill themselves for a days money..and no shortage of idiots in tHis game..
To be fair though i think you get out what your prepared to put in, i have always avoided daywork like the plague, because i can earn twice as much on price, pricework allowed me to pay the mortgage off by the time i was 37, which would of been impossible on daywork, there are spreads iv come across who you could pay £500 a metre and still they couldnt make it pay, true not everyone is suited to being a metre eater but for those who are its a great motivator.

To be fair though i think you get out what your prepared to put in, i have always avoided daywork like the plague, because i can earn twice as much on price, pricework allowed me to pay the mortgage off by the time i was 37, which would of been impossible on daywork, there are spreads iv come across who you could pay £500 a metre and still they couldnt make it pay, true not everyone is suited to being a metre eater but for those who are its a great motivator.
Oh I did always do price work for many years, I have made money from it, as a two and one gang we did £7500 most weeks, I worked six days a week for 8 mths straight, most years, but then went into buying and selling in a very small way, one flat a year then onto a house a year with plastering in between,but the downturn knocked me back in the house game and plastering rates plummeted, I was getting min 5 a metre ten yrs back sometimes £7.50 supply and fix with scrim beads ,finish etc no extras for heights or small bits, I can't see plasterers these days getting £2000 clear every week not even half that, I don't make half that on day work these days but I cannot do what I used to do 20 yrs back either and have no hope of ever been that fit again, wondered what people expect to take home at £2.50 a metre, best of luck while they are young fit and eager

Your right when it comes to pricework theres only small-ish window of oppertunity to make some big money, and its important to make every metre count, sold our house and moved into a rental to fund buying a triple building plot for 3 detached 4 bedders, have scraped enough together to complete the first plot without having to go cap in hand to the bank for a penny, and all this while smashing the pricework 6/7 days a week,

Scottie5 that's the way to go, lots on here are lucky enough to have made money and got into buy to let's or buy to sell, I hope to be in the refurb game, even one a yr is good, the new plots for building on are very expensive in London, I mainly stick to period property that has been run down, best of luck to you and all the triers on here

Status
Not open for further replies.