how long

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
If you dot and dab some boards onto a wall in say the morning. Can the boards be skimmed over the same afternoon or are they best left overnight before skimming?

You can get away with skimming them straight away.

When you apply skim you arn't putting any pressure on the boards, and by time you are when troweling up you are about 2 hours further on, which is easily enough time for the dab to set fully.

I wouldnt advise it but I have done it many times on consevatories.

I done it the other week. Dabbed one wall and skimmed within 4 hours 8) not like the boards were going anywhere after i put plenty of drywall adhesive on and smacked them onto PVA'D brick :-*

Casper said:
I done it the other week. Dabbed one wall and skimmed within 4 hours 8) not like the boards were going anywhere after i put plenty of drywall adhesive on and smacked them onto PVA'D brick :-*
dont need to pva m8 ::)

flat boy skim said:
Casper said:
dont need to pva m8 ::)

er, it was auld brick, mucker. It was very dirty, so it got soaked with PVA to seal it. Jeez......don't teach yer granny tae suck eggs son ::) ::) ;D

I always do on old brickwork - it evens out the wall for one thing, you dont use as much dry-line adhesive for another, and if the punter is after a dead straight wall it helps for that too..... among other things ;)

so if you had 1 wall to dab you'd scratch coat it, f**k off, come back the next day to board and skim it.

fu.ck

that

bubbles65 said:
I always do on old brickwork - it evens out the wall for one thing, you dont use as much dry-line adhesive for another, and if the punter is after a dead straight wall it helps for that too..... among other things ;)
thats ridiculous

mate its b*ll***s. even if a walls an inch out of level i can get it plumb a piece of piss. no need to buy extra materials. no need to get a bath/mixer. no need to f**k off for the rest of the day after scratch coating it. board it, cuppa, tape it, skim it

If a wall is really out i just dab some straps on first to level it out then dab my board onto them

It's interesting how everyone does things differently, but that does seem like a long-winded way Bubbles. Just get them on and give it a few hours I wouldn't recommend skimming them straight away.

thats the main reason you would dot and dab .to get over dodgy walls the only time i would sand and cement is when there is a bit of damp there put a bit of waterproofer in it allow to dry then board .

Scouse said:
It's interesting how everyone does things differently, but that does seem like a long-winded way Bubbles. Just get them on and give it a few hours I wouldn't recommend skimming them straight away.

I didnt recommend it, I just said its do-able.

Status
Not open for further replies.